PDA

View Full Version : 404 Not Found Error

I Am Quailman
February 19th, 2009, 10:29
Anyone else getting this problem? It's really annoying... especially when you make a LONG typed up post and hit send and it doesn't go through... not only does it not go through, it is LOST as well. Please bring back the old server! Please fix the problems!!!

southpaw
February 19th, 2009, 10:34
I`ll second that. I`ve had problems at three different locations now.

Trivial
February 19th, 2009, 10:40
I tracked the issue down to a host server problem. Basically, it was resolving to the wrong host a certain percent of the time. It should be fixed now, though!

If you have any more problems, get back to me.

Hyakuman
February 19th, 2009, 10:49
I'm still getting your bastardly 404 problem, Trivial... I have to log in through the IP.

The pissed meter is climbing! :mad:
Nah, but seriously you new nameservers suck dude.

Trivial
February 19th, 2009, 10:53
Okay, relax, Sciby and I will take another look at it in a little bit. There's always problems to be worked out when there's a transition to a new server. It hasn't even been a week yet!

Mr. Plainview
February 19th, 2009, 11:12
There will be blood!

Hyakuman
February 19th, 2009, 11:25
Okay, relax, Sciby and I will take another look at it in a little bit. There's always problems to be worked out when there's a transition to a new server. It hasn't even been a week yet!

Shouldn't take a week to sort out a DNS issue. Email your host and start shitting bricks on them.

Langus
February 19th, 2009, 11:46
Yeah it's periodically locking me out too. Sometimes it'll work, other times it says "Not Found". Booooo!

Trivial
February 19th, 2009, 12:33
Shouldn't take a week to sort out a DNS issue. Email your host and start shitting bricks on them.

Up until today I assumed that it was a school network issue, since I had only received two complaints about it, and am not experiencing the problem myself. We're working on it now.

Powers
February 19th, 2009, 12:34
I'll kill your future children for this travesty Trivial.

puma
February 19th, 2009, 12:38
seems better over here today...most of the time it directs here, sometimes it directs to the old dns whereas the other day it would never come here...it seems to be getting better

Waldroon
February 19th, 2009, 12:42
I tracked the issue down to a host server problem. Basically, it was resolving to the wrong host a certain percent of the time. It should be fixed now, though!

When you say things like this it always sounds so advanced and high-techy. But I also suspect you were like "oh forgot to click this button", and bammo....fixed. I just don't know what to believe.

Trivial
February 19th, 2009, 12:46
When you say things like this it always sounds so advanced and high-techy. But I also suspect you were like "oh forgot to click this button", and bammo....fixed. I just don't know what to believe.

That's actually almost exactly what happened. :D

Coollead
February 19th, 2009, 17:33
At school, I had to type in the IP address to get ITIL to come up, this was at around 3 pm..

Trivial
February 19th, 2009, 17:40
If you get anymore of those 404 errors after tonight, please post them here and I'll know to send a mail bomb to the host.