PDA

View Full Version : YouTube videos.

Sciby
February 21st, 2009, 14:35
You can now embed YouTube videos in posts on ITIL. When you reply to a thread, you will see three Youtube icons up and to the left of the smilies box. If you use the quick reply window, you will have to use the codes to embed:

Standard quality:

code
High quality:

code
High definition:

code

In between the codes, you must insert the video code, ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i8HwvP2MPc <- The bold characters are the video ID code. You can strip out everything before the '7'.

Note that the code is the only thing you need from YouTube - to select the quality you want, you do that with the codes in your post. The examples below all use the same ID code between the different quality examples.

If you have any questions regarding this, post in this thread please and to head off the first obvious question, we can't use the full address for a YouTube video as yet because of the way the forum software parses its codes.

And just to prove that it works and give you an example of the different quality levels:

Standard quality:
SQWmG44MLho

High quality:
SQWmG44MLho

And just so you can see the difference between HQ and HD:

High quality:
1XxJDVMKQYI

High def:
1XxJDVMKQYI

maidenindigo
February 22nd, 2009, 00:05
*Wub*

Timoshi
February 22nd, 2009, 21:57
Awesome cheers!

mteacher80
April 7th, 2009, 00:34
weve all seen,
txqiwrbYGrs
and,
qrvMTv_r8sA
but now i bring you

70r-Ca8wcVg

see that was fun

Sciby
April 7th, 2009, 11:27
... why, Mark?

mteacher80
April 7th, 2009, 13:50
sorry i just searched youtube vids and this came up didnt realize it was in the site dis. section. so i reposted it in woots. sorry.
but man i was peeing my pants at the last one. fucking hilarious.