PDA

View Full Version : Travel Forum

kalliea
March 9th, 2009, 08:48
Could you add a travel forum somewhere? People have question all the time, but they ask them all over the place. If we had one spot, it would be easier for people to chat and find answers....

AliDimayev
March 9th, 2009, 09:36
An overabundance of forums on a forum often preceeds its demise. But I agree, I guess a travel one would be good.

Sciby
March 9th, 2009, 11:22
Maybe... we'll have a think about it and let you know.

Tell you what: If you can link 10 threads about travel that have been created since the beginning of Feb 09, we'll create a travel forum. :)

katsudon
March 9th, 2009, 18:25
I'm not sure we need a travel forum, I tend to agree that there are already a large number of forums.

I think Trophy Room could be relocated to somewhere near the bottom, out of the "general" area, maybe into the bottom rung with site discussion. I also think the MEXT forum while valuable is a niche-forum so should be shuffled to the bottom of the professional/employment. My two cents.

Sciby
March 9th, 2009, 20:29
Placement isn't really something considered too closely and it's something that's more personal, but cheers for the input. :)

Mr. Plainview
March 9th, 2009, 21:16
I'm not sure we need a travel forum, I tend to agree that there are already a large number of forums.

I think Trophy Room could be relocated to somewhere near the bottom, out of the "general" area, maybe into the bottom rung with site discussion. I also think the MEXT forum while valuable is a niche-forum so should be shuffled to the bottom of the professional/employment. My two cents.

+1

give the girl a cookie! What flavor do you want?

AliDimayev
March 9th, 2009, 21:18
I was part of a forum where they started adding ridiculous amounts of forums.  But the god damn admins were all Hitlers and Goebbels and one was really gay so one Himmler, too.
IF you posted something about a book in the ’Anything’ goes section, they would warn you, and then move thread to the ”Book” section and so on and so forth.It became crazy.

Paul
March 10th, 2009, 09:47
O h I s e e w h a t y o u a r e s a y i n g. H o w e v e r i t l o o k s l i k e y o u a r e a w a n k e r.

Trivial
March 10th, 2009, 09:56
Holy full-width letters, Batman. And oh yeah, Godwin's Law.

I'd hardly call us a Nazi regime, so you don't need to worry about too much there.

fidelity
March 10th, 2009, 22:01
Godwin's Law is less of a law and more of an axiom. Certainly it isn't any guide for interaction like, say, the Carebear Code.

dombay
March 13th, 2009, 06:59
I was part of a forum where they started adding ridiculous amounts of forums.  But the god damn admins were all Hitlers and Goebbels and one was really gay so one Himmler, too.
IF you posted something about a book in the ’Anything’ goes section, they would warn you, and then move thread to the ”Book” section and so on and so forth.It became crazy.

GP?

AliDimayev
March 13th, 2009, 07:51
I don't even know what GP is, so the answer is 'no'!

Mr. Plainview
March 18th, 2009, 16:22
the fewer forums the better