PDA

View Full Version : Location

socalDave
September 28th, 2004, 03:54
So who wants to get placed where and why?

Oak
September 28th, 2004, 13:42
Man, that's a tough one. Last year I was aiming for Aomori or Hokkaido, because a few friends were in that area. Plus I hear it's less "spoiled," i.e. more natural foliage per square mile than average.

This year I am not really too concerned. The Japanese student I am tutoring is from Okinawa...sounds interesting, but I'm worried about getting island fever.

I'll probably put down somewhere in Hokkaido again, after that I'm not sure. Cornelius' description of his area sounds pretty cool.

What areas are you thinking about socalDave?

socalDave
September 28th, 2004, 14:59
Originally I was thinking of Kanto since I know the area fairly well (I've got a few good friends there too) but I've since wanted to get a more nature-esque like yourself. Perhaps something like suburbs of Kyoto, maybe even Mie but I may end up putting my girlfriends prefecture if things go well between us (like the ring an' all that stuff but who knows if that'll happen). I would like to get back into downhill mtn. biking again so nature would be a good thing. :D
I'm a linguist/interpreter (and for now that's what I plan to do career-wise) and I've been researching dialects in Japan and my main concern is that I don't want to be placed in a region where the dialect is soo whack that it could possibly make me look like a hick when I move into working in a Japanese company somewhere in the world. :lol:

Sam
September 28th, 2004, 22:40
Not sure yet. I'm considering Gifu, Hokkaido, or anywhere in between. Of course I’ll accept any placement I’m offered… but… I lived in Gifu as an exchange student back in high school and was greatly impressed, the whole prefecture has a nice balance between the urban and rural aspects of Japan and is just a quick train trip to/from Nagoya, AND… Hokkaido just looks like a beautiful place, plus I find the Ainu culture (in addition to Japanese culture) very interesting. I’m going to have to think of better reasons for choosing that option though…

Chiara
September 29th, 2004, 07:44
Originally I was thinking of Kanto since I know the area fairly well (I've got a few good friends there too) but I've since wanted to get a more nature-esque like yourself. Perhaps something like suburbs of Kyoto, maybe even Mie but I may end up putting my girlfriends prefecture if things go well between us (like the ring an' all that stuff but who knows if that'll happen). I would like to get back into downhill mtn. biking again so nature would be a good thing. :D
I'm a linguist/interpreter (and for now that's what I plan to do career-wise) and I've been researching dialects in Japan and my main concern is that I don't want to be placed in a region where the dialect is soo whack that it could possibly make me look like a hick when I move into working in a Japanese company somewhere in the world. :lol:

Good luck on being the one person per year who picks Kanto and actually gets it ;)

socalDave
September 29th, 2004, 10:22
Good luck on being the one person per year who picks Kanto and actually gets it ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Chi~ :P
Besides, I'm more than likely not putting it as a request~

Shotokai
September 29th, 2004, 11:20
OITA is 70% forested and a very friendly place for us westerners!

bigredgoofball
September 30th, 2004, 07:17
Considering Tohoku, possibly Akita-Ken... I like the mountsins, forests and such, as I currently live in the same.

...That, and I hear Akita women are HOT. :D (j/k)

seamus
September 30th, 2004, 16:53
Good luck on being the one person per year who picks Kanto and actually gets it

Is that because there's lots of people that want to go to Kanto? or nobody does?

I want to go to Kanto! Gunma specifically - my girlfriend was placed there this year. Are my chances slim?

socalDave
October 3rd, 2004, 01:28
Good luck on being the one person per year who picks Kanto and actually gets it

Is that because there's lots of people that want to go to Kanto? or nobody does?

I want to go to Kanto! Gunma specifically - my girlfriend was placed there this year. Are my chances slim?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people put Kanto as their primary choice. It's not that Kanto chances are slim, they are a bit actually, but it's the megaopolis of Tokyo that you most certainly will never get placed in. If you request Gumma or Ibaraki, outward places like that, you could get in but it all depends if there are positions that need filling at that time. Like Fenyx66 (I think I spelled that right) got placed last minute into Gumma probably cuz someone bailed~ And I do know a fair number of JET'ers that have been placed in Kanto, just not in "Tokyo". Just remember though, if your chica is in Gumma, that's one less position that's available for you~ :roll: Good luck~ :)

October 3rd, 2004, 13:43
I'm finding the placement part very difficult, even though I know I'm unlikely to get what I want. I guess it's the thought of you better be careful what you ask for!

I'd really love to live in Nara - I'm interested in the traditional performing arts and have heard Nara is the cultural capital. What other places in Honshu are known for the Arts, particularly theatre and music? Kobe is my home town's sister city, so that's been another thought, and I also like Nagoya.

I'd be really grateful for any info people can give me about these places, or other good places within the Kinki and southern Chubu regions. Much appreciated!

Thanks so much :grin:

Dave
October 4th, 2004, 08:59
Well I put "no preference" on my application and I ended up in beautiful Tochigi-ken which is very much part of Kanto, so it can`t be sooo difficult to land yourself here...

Chiara
October 4th, 2004, 10:19
Dave - where about in Tochigi are you? My friend is with NOVA in Tochigi-shi and I visited last summer. It's *ok* but from what I remember, Utsonomiya is a pretty good city!

Dave
October 4th, 2004, 11:47
I live in sleepy old ninomiya-machi which is about 45 mins from Uts by car-over 2 hours by train! What`s your pal`s name? I know quite a few poeple in Tochigi-shi and was in there for a party on saturday night and I met quite a few privates! and yes I know there are to many ands in that sentence!

Chiara
October 4th, 2004, 13:13
He's called Adrian. He works at the NOVA at the Jusco in Tochigi-shi.

Dave
October 4th, 2004, 14:00
Ah! Adrian! who works for Nova!
....no I don`t know him...but I bet I know people who do!
when I meet Adrian (as I`m sure I will becasue Tochigi gaijin are so incestuously close) I will mention your name!

Chiara
October 4th, 2004, 20:38
haha...well he's not *that* incestuous.. been out here a while and has his whole japanese life going on.

and please dont, he doesnt know that im such a freaking geek ^_^

Sam
October 5th, 2004, 18:42
I found out recently that Kawasaki is the sister city of the city where I live here in Australia. Do they send JETs that far into the urban jungle?

Charlie Brown
October 6th, 2004, 18:09
Hi!

Another question for you! In the application it asks whether you want urban, semi urban or rural. Does anyone know what the population difference is between urban and semi urban, or can give me examples of each?

I want to be Nara City as my first preference, so was thinking that's probably urban, but I'm also happy to live in semi urban. Just don't want rural so don't really want to put No Preference. Hmm... what to put??Does it really make a difference? Will it seem odd if I put I want semi urban rather than urban (to increase my chances of getting a placement I want), but then put Nara City as my first preferences? Help! Suggestions?

(Yes, I know they probably don't really care what I want and I'll take what I'm given!)

CharlieBrown
October 6th, 2004, 19:34
Thanks for the tip, Paul. I'm all registered now. I tried once before but had some problems with it, and forgotten to try again, so thanks for the reminder! :)

Dave
October 7th, 2004, 08:25
I ticked semi-urban and I am now in a town with a population of 16,000.
Well, that is only technically true. Really I am in a town of about 9,000 and there are two villages each about 5 km away, but they are all represented by the same local authority.
Lots and lots of rice paddies and strawberry fields....

dobharrison
October 7th, 2004, 09:49
I chose urban and picked 3 cities as my choices and ended up in the Hiroshima City suburbs, so I got pretty much what I wanted. I don't think there's any actual method to how they place you, my advice is just choose where you really want to go and expect to be placed somewhere completely different!

CharlieBrown
October 28th, 2004, 17:45
I'm still having trouble deciding my locations, even knowing that I probably won't get them. If I do, though, I want to make sure I've picked good places!

My first preference is Nara prefecture, but for my 2nd and 3rd, I am looking at Shiga, Mie, Gifu, Aichi or Hyogo (Hyogo because Kobe is my home's sister city). I'd really appreciate any information, thoughts and advice about these prefectures, particularly from those who've been there or currently live there.

Thanks!

Sam
October 28th, 2004, 19:51
Gifu city would be a great choice for anyone wanting a semi-urban placement. It’s a really nice city that’s only a quick train ride from Nagoya. The same goes for Ogaki, although it’s a little smaller than Gifu city, it still has everything you‘d need. Both cities aren’t too far away from ski-fields either, from what I can remember… There was a really nice place called Suzuran (I think that’s what it was called) up in the mountains nearby which was very pleasant.

shinjukudude
October 28th, 2004, 20:54
I won't be applying until the 2007 JET Programme( 2 years left at uni) but i was just wondering if i was to put...

Saitama Pref. ~ Kawaguchi City
Saitama City
Chiba Pref./Osaka Pref./maybe Hyogo Pref

Would be my chance of getting any of these placements? esp. my first 2 choices.

Dave
October 28th, 2004, 21:12
I would say your chances are greater than zero.

adammoogle
October 28th, 2004, 22:35
and why is knowing putting down the lovely tottori-ken on there placement lists?!?!!?

oh and my kyoto sensei said that shimane schools are real nice cos theve got alot of ministers or presidents from there or something and they get all the money so new buildings and top notch equipment if thats your thing...the shimane jets also get to go on a 2 or 3 week intensive language training course...

but tottori's the place to be! especially if your a fan of the mullet and early nights :lol:

shinjukudude
October 28th, 2004, 23:00
Just another quick question, in regards to sister city agreements etc.. My towns sister city is Sakai City in Osaka well actually we 2 sister cities we have an agreement with Minoo City also in Osaka. I have noticed a few/lots of people here and on bigdaikon putting their sister city as their top choice or aleast one of their choices. So as far as placements on the JET Programme is their a big focus on trying to place JETs in their sister cities? or is their some other reason for this?

AtomicYak
November 11th, 2004, 23:25
After racking my brain day and night, I think I'm going to request the Shiga area again just because it is so wonderful. My 2nd and 3rd choices will probably be Nara and Kyoto....Maybe Kobe?

Shinikenshi
November 15th, 2004, 22:15
and why is knowing putting down the lovely tottori-ken on there placement lists?!?!!?

oh and my kyoto sensei said that shimane schools are real nice cos theve got alot of ministers or presidents from there or something and they get all the money so new buildings and top notch equipment if thats your thing...the shimane jets also get to go on a 2 or 3 week intensive language training course...

but tottori's the place to be! especially if your a fan of the mullet and early nights :lol:

So that's why Tottori is cooler than Okayama. And you even get snow! The most we get in Okayama city is a lot of freezing wind. Nothing too interesting.

We have some expensive looking buildings here which makes me wonder if there are some really slick pork-barrelling beauracrats around.

But instead of Tottori, how about the excellent Okayama prefecture? We have it all. History, fresh fruit (love the white peaches!) and lots of...umm...stuff. Yeah that's right!

As you can see, I wouldn't make it too far as a salesman of any sort. :lol:

Chris

Purrdence
November 15th, 2004, 22:52
Just another quick question, in regards to sister city agreements etc.. My towns sister city is Sakai City in Osaka well actually we 2 sister cities we have an agreement with Minoo City also in Osaka. I have noticed a few/lots of people here and on bigdaikon putting their sister city as their top choice or aleast one of their choices. So as far as placements on the JET Programme is their a big focus on trying to place JETs in their sister cities? or is their some other reason for this?

I get the impression that they do take sister city thingies into consideration because this intake one Perth JET ended up in Kagoshima City (sister city to Perth), many went to Hyogo Prefecture (sister state to Western Australia) etc..

Moore
November 16th, 2004, 05:46
I just did a read up on Coventry's (my home) twinned cities. We have the most twinned cities in the world apparently at 27! And typically, not one of them is in Japan!

I have been reading up on the Kansai prefecture and really like the idea of Osaka, Kyoto & Nara - between them they seem to offer a really good range of what Japan is about. I've provisionally put all 3 down as my preferences - do people think its a good idea to limit myself to one prefecture or not?

Shotokai
November 16th, 2004, 07:44
I think it's a bit of a silly idea to put down that area. yes there are jets there but it is not easy to get in.

Cantdosleepflower
November 16th, 2004, 08:25
It's like applying at the job center in Newcastle after a lengthy crack rehab and saying you'd be happy as either the CEO of Boeing or Jesus.

Moore
November 16th, 2004, 12:32
Damn :( . I was thinking about mentioning in the personal statement that I realise the chances are slim, but I would be happy to be placed anywhere.

Blafweight
November 16th, 2004, 14:01
With placements it is very unlikely that you will get the big cities, especially central Oaska, Kobe and definitely Tokyo (which had an intake of 2 JETs this year, one of them actually being on an island 12 hours boat ride south). The bigger cities tend to have their own programmes i.e. The Kobe City Project (I think it is called), this means they avoid the overly expensive JETs. I put semi urban on my application and marked Kansai as a preference, but have ended up in a village of 2,200 people an hour away from the closest city in deepest darkest Shimane. Don`t get to hung up over placement, it can just led to JET thinking you are too fussy and more likely to reject you. I love my little village, everyone knows who I am and everyone makes an extra special effort to help me, including the Village Mayor setting me up with an local girl who has moved to Londonfor a year. God Bless him

Ini
November 16th, 2004, 15:26
Gifu city would be a great choice for anyone wanting a semi-urban placement.

If you want to go to Gifu dont put semi-urban, by japanese standards Gifu is very much a urban placement. Semi-urban seems to mean little towns and villages and rural is living alone up in the mountains or on a island 15 hours from anybody

Hannah
November 17th, 2004, 19:46
Hey Charlie Brown, I'm in Nara prefecture after putting "no preference" on my application form. Your chances of getting Nara city itself are very slim. There are only a couple of JETs actually in the city and they will most probably hang on to their places for another year...

However, there are plenty of 3rd year JETs in Nara prefecture (people seem to want to stay on... a good sign?!) so some placements will definitely come up in Nara prefecture come 2005.

Nara only has 71 JETs which isn't many places considering how many potential JETs want to come here from all over the world.

What I will say is most JETs who get placed in Nara prefecture get placed in rural locations. It's that kind of place. But it is beautiful, and there is a lot of hystorical stuff roundabout. I am only an hour away from Osaka, an hour from Wakayama shi (only 10 mins to Wakayama prefecture!), About 1.5 hours from Nara-shi, 2 hours from Kyoto. so Nara-ken is good for being fairly central to some cool places.

I personally like Wakayama-ken a lot. It is very rural, but there is plenty to see there, and again not far from Nara, Osaka and Kyoto. I've spent more time in Wakayama ken than anywhere else since I got here and have even become an honoury Wakayama JET! woo hoo!

Your best not pinning your hopes on a particular placement. At the end of the day the cities request certain characteristics of their JETs. eg They want a female from the UK. Or someone who can speak Japanese. Or someone with some teaching experience. They will take more notice of that than where you want to be placed, but it does get taken into account, so if you have somewhere in mind, put it. They can't read your mind!

Gambatte!
:)

Fyrey
November 18th, 2004, 13:03
Gifu city would be a great choice for anyone wanting a semi-urban placement.

If you want to go to Gifu dont put semi-urban, by japanese standards Gifu is very much a urban placement. Semi-urban seems to mean little towns and villages and rural is living alone up in the mountains or on a island 15 hours from anybody

Agreed. Gifu also is a great place to lose drunk Scots, which may or may not be thanks to the bedazzling red light district.

Where did that man go... :?:

Ini
November 18th, 2004, 13:07
Where did that man go... :?:

Upstairs with that fat hooker is my guess, which is just rude. Imagine going off into the red light district alone, leaving me with you losers.

Ookami
November 30th, 2004, 07:06
My girlfriend and I put down Kanto, specificially Tochigi, although we'd accept anywhere. We put Tochigi down, as it seemed to be the nicest place on the outskirts of Kanto.

bigredgoofball
November 30th, 2004, 07:57
Finally decided to put down Nara, suburban. The prefecture sounds great, with a mix of the things I was really looking for: countryside, cultural/artistic/archetectural interest, and not too far from a decent-sized city. Plus, I'm hoping, not too cold in the winter. :roll:

2nd choice, I put down Kyoto. You never know.

Dave
November 30th, 2004, 20:38
well , good luck in getting it, is all I shall say!

Dave
November 30th, 2004, 20:41
My girlfriend and I put down Kanto, specificially Tochigi, although we'd accept anywhere. We put Tochigi down, as it seemed to be the nicest place on the outskirts of Kanto.

TOCHIGI IS GREAT! There are also a fair number of 3rd years leaving next year, so your chances aren`t so bad. I figure there`ll be about 10-15 Tochigi places up for grabs (but not mine! Hands off!).

rustbeltAndy
December 1st, 2004, 10:39
I looked around at a couple places and finally decided to put down Hakodate as my #1 choice. Fairly decent sized town on Hokkaido that has some historical significance. Plus, after looking around and asking some questions on ITIL, I decided Hokkaido sounded perfect; good country side, I like snow, and if I "land" Hakodate I get to live in one of the first port towns opened up after Colonel Perry arrived. So if I get it I'll be very happy. Hell, I'll be very happy if I get accepted period. Also, since I imagine everybody has turned in their apps by now, I'd like to say good luck to everyone.

steelqueen
December 1st, 2004, 10:56
I'm hoping to apply next year, so I'm not competition for y'all just yet. ;) I'm thinking of asking for Hokkaido. I live in Halifax now, and Hakodate is our sister-city, plus my university and Hakodate U are sister-schools with an exchange program I might be able to go on this summer. And I have friends in Hakodate. Plus the climate would be closer to what I'm used to, and I hear central heating is a bit more common.

....On the other hand, it would be nice to live near the Inland Sea, because there's more historical sites there. I would love to visit Kyoto.

I'm pretty sure I want to live somewhere relatively rural, though. City living - beh. I'm getting tired of it. Tokyo scares me, I have to be honest. It devoured the Kanto Plain!!!

Shotokai
December 1st, 2004, 11:08
. Plus, I'm hoping, not too cold in the winter. :roll:

You'll be lucky. Kyushu is further south and therefore warmer. it's fecking freezing here. anywhere north of here would be iced up good and properlike.

Dave
December 1st, 2004, 11:22
yeah first job of the morning for me is to wipe the ice off my bicycle saddle :(

nicklad
December 1st, 2004, 14:11
Here in Shizuoka it is cold in the night and in the morning but the rest of the day it is fine.

It was on the news that Hokkaido has started getting its snow blizzards.

justhis1nce
December 1st, 2004, 18:55
Kobe rocks!

That's really all I have to say.

Sungirl
December 2nd, 2004, 17:56
I sent in my application just before Thanksgiving and I chose the following for placements : Aichi, Gifu, and Sendai.

Is anyone in these prefectures or has the skinny on them? I read about Gifu earlier in this thread. But I am really interested in my first choice Aichi. I have an old host family that lives in Toyota.

I put Sendai as my third to show diversity but also my friend told me the tanabata festival is awesome there.

Elmo_Chic
December 2nd, 2004, 19:14
Hey,
I live in Aichi. I am in Nagakute, Nagoya. I really love living here...slowing exploring my way around when i get the chance. I think Aichi is an excellent first choice but maybe i am biased. What do you want to know about the area?
I have not yet been to Toyota but it is not so far from Nagakute. Also we will be having expo here as of March.

December 3rd, 2004, 12:38
Elmo.

Whats Toyohashi like? You been there?

Sungirl
December 3rd, 2004, 16:51
Oh cool! I think I am just curious about what its like there. I heard about the Expo from my friends in Toyota... I was thinking I might visit for it. However if I get into JET there then I can totally just go I think.

I am just curious how the BOE's are there and what types of schools, etc. I'm sure its more of the same as everyone else. But it would be nice to hear stories. I'm glad to hear you like it. I really liked Toyota when I stayed there.

Siberakh1
December 4th, 2004, 12:08
Iwate, Aomori, and Hokkaido as choice placements, in that order. Went for the northern progression of choices. Didn't give a preference for size (let's call this an adventure, shall we?). Miyagi, Toyama, Saitama, and Shikoku were next on the list (Hiroshima only because there seems to be gamers down that way and it's an interesting and pretty area), but only three could be listed. It would be interesting to be south with the summers (and experiencing the beach would be a change of pace), but with the snow starting up here (it's late too!), it reminds me why I like winter more than summer :)

Elmo_Chic
December 22nd, 2004, 23:07
Elmo.

Whats Toyohashi like? You been there?

Bit slow in responding :oops:

I haven't been to Toyohashi yet. I do know there is a museum with a cool dinosaur exhibit. I would have loved to take my kids there but it was a bit far to take my class of 3 year olds.

Sungirl: I am not a JET so i can't tell you what it is like around here from a JET perspective. Toyota is a neighbouring town but i also haven't had the chance to get there either. I have co-workers that live around there though. EXPO is not that far from where i live and i can actually see the new LINIMO train line from my kitchen window. They have been testing it extremely frequently lately but it won't open until late Feb/March. We see lots of things advertised for EXPO around so in some ways it will be good when it finally starts.

I love living in this area but it helps that my apartment is so convenient to everything. Apita is a 40 sec bike ride away. My school is a 10 min bike ride away. My nearest subway station (Fujigaoka) is about a 15 min bike ride away and i rarely have to wait for the train. Nagoya seems to have a larger foreign population so foreign foods are not so bad. I can get most stuff at Apita grocery store.

Now all i need is to see snow... :roll:

Hanzo
December 30th, 2004, 08:10
Hi guys, i'm so glad I found this place!

I thankfully completed my application and all that and got an interview on January 11th, now i'm getting real nervous hehe

Just a quick, rather silly question regarding location.

I put down Togane-shi in the chiba prefecture, and where it asks why i chose that place, i put "No strong particular reasons other than would like to be within close proximity of the capital."

Now does that reason suck or what! they will blatantly put me somewhere nowhere near just because of my ignorance!

Anyways, the other 2 places i put down are kobe city and miyazaki prefecture...

What are the chances of getting any of the 3 i asked for and if there is one in particular that i'd be more likely to get which one would that be?

....or shall i just go buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery first :lol:

Thanks guys!
Hanzo

Pandilex
December 30th, 2004, 10:08
I don't wanna go to hokkaido because I'd like to have SOME opporunity to visit Tokyo, Osaka, Nara, and a few other places without having to make -too- big a trip of it :/

swimmergirl
February 25th, 2005, 11:06
I chose

Rural: Mie, Shiga, Wakayama,

but in my interview I said that it didn't REALLY matter, that I just put those because I like the Kansai area but wanted to be in a more rural prefecture. If we make it in it will be interesting to see where we are ACTUALLY placed!

ilia
February 25th, 2005, 12:32
I don't wanna go to hokkaido because I'd like to have SOME opporunity to visit Tokyo, Osaka, Nara, and a few other places without having to make -too- big a trip of it :/

i'm don't wanna go hokkaido cos i'm afraid of the cold. where i'm from there's no winter, even brisbane's winter (if you even call it winter) was a little challenging for me... :o but to hokkaido for a ski trip, yes definitely :lol:

if i get to japan in the first place :lol:

Ini
February 25th, 2005, 14:04
if i get to japan in the first place :lol:

better cut down on the stalking then

yabighoor
February 25th, 2005, 15:47
To be honest this winter hasn`t been too bad, it`s bloody cold, but nothing you can`t handle. I actually wish sometimes that i had been placed in Hokkaido (im N Honshu-Iwate) as the houses there are actually insulated, unlike the rest of this country...there`s nothing quite like waking in the middle of the night thinking theres an earthquake but finally realising that you`re just shivering....invest in a leccy blanket.

ilia
February 25th, 2005, 20:57

oh ini, wouldn't give up stalking you for anything, no, not even japan.

Ini
February 25th, 2005, 21:10

oh ini, wouldn't give up stalking you for anything, no, not even japan.

Well then it appears I have only 1 option left, to tear out your throat and skullfuck your bloated corpse

Fyrey
February 25th, 2005, 21:37
oh ini,

Get a room. I can't stand your eternal flirting.

ilia
February 25th, 2005, 22:15
oh ini,

Get a room. I can't stand your eternal flirting.

:lol:

fyrey, your sense of eternity seems like an awfully short time.

okay then, in that case, i shall remain unseen and unheard. yeh, i will get a room to sleep through all this.

oyasumi

King_Boo
April 8th, 2005, 14:21
To anyone thinking of applying for anywhere in Tohoku, beware that the winter up here is LONG, FREEZING and HARSH. Most of my teachers at my school have said that the winter just past was the harshest for years and years. Daytime tempuratures averaged abount -6c. I didn`t choose Tohoku, but was placed deep in the inaka anyway, without real experience of hardcore winter (9-10 feet of snow outside my house etc), I`m just glad the winter`s over and the weather`s improving now. If you end up up here, be prepared to freeze for 7-8 months a year. Snowboarding, however, makes it just about worth it.

Songs
April 8th, 2005, 17:18
I am hoping for Kyushu. I put Fukuoka-ken and Kumamoto as my number one and two choices. For some odd reason not knowing where else to go, I put Sapporo as my third choice. Being from Hawaii, I am not sure Sapporo was such a good request.

Allichan
April 8th, 2005, 19:30
i'll gladly take sapporo off your hands! :lol: it's my number one choice and hoping the study abroad connection i have with sapporo might help in my chances of getting placed there or at least somewhere near there. miss my host family and friends and would like to be able to see them at least once in a while!