PDA

View Full Version : South Korean Hagwons

triumphtr79
April 27th, 2009, 12:51
what are some reputable hagwons (korean equivalent of eikaiwas) in south korea? i'm looking for names like japan has AEON, GEOS, ECC, etc... ?

cm2jr4
April 28th, 2009, 01:03
try daves esl cafe

curtaineater
April 28th, 2009, 15:59
"i don't know which forum is Anything Goes"

cvmurrieta
April 28th, 2009, 16:35
Have you tried posting your resume on Dave's so that the schools can call you? Once you do that, then you can run them by the ESL Cafe crowd as to whether the schools are good or not

Mayday
May 2nd, 2009, 13:10
The program I hear referred to the most often is EPIK. I've got a friend who's on this program in Seoul (2nd year) and loves it.

mteacher80
May 3rd, 2009, 16:00
ok i was only there for 5 days, but seoul is the way to go. man that place rocked, great food, both korean and western (popeys chicken ftw) much cheaper than japan so the 2million won would be right up there with a jet salary if you know where to shop and how to save.
i just got home and already want to go back, but it was a bitch not being able to speak the language.

triumphtr79
May 4th, 2009, 04:48
markteacher80:

i'm going on vacation to japan later this month and i'm gonna head over to seoul for a few days before i come back. i'm really excited because i already love korean food and culture. if it's as great as you say it is i'm gonna start looking for a job there. i'm sure i won't be disappointed. only problem is my japanese is much better than my korean.