PDA

View Full Version : South America ALT jobs

staroverfuji
May 18th, 2009, 16:34
Are there any programs out there at all that are paid? I have heard there is like a version of the JET program in SA but cannot find them. *cries*

cvmurrieta
May 18th, 2009, 16:43
Maybe the info is all in Spanish?

Neb
May 18th, 2009, 16:44
Or Portuguese..

mteacher80
May 18th, 2009, 19:29
or english!

Guyana is the only English speaking country in south America.

staroverfuji
May 18th, 2009, 21:43
Not really helpful guys. I know there is one out there but names evade me.

yohgrl23
May 19th, 2009, 11:09
I have a friend doing one in Chile, and another in Ecuador. I know of a few other people from my high school who did work in Ecuador as well. I'm not sure how they found them or if they are official government programs or not. I know for my friend in Chile she had to actually get her TEFL (teaching english as a foreign language) certificate. A quick google search brings up lots of different programs though.

fragglerocker
May 19th, 2009, 14:14
I worked in a British Council school in Paraguay for a year and had an amazing time. I applied through the British Council Language Assistant programme: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/language-assistant. Although it says language 'assistant' I was the main teacher in a Language Institute which also taught other languages. If you have a teaching qualification like Cambridge CELTA or TESOL, you can also apply to companies like International House, which has schools all over South America.

AliDimayev
May 20th, 2009, 12:25
Are there any programs out there at all that are paid? I have heard there is like a version of the JET program in SA but cannot find them. *cries*
Yes. My sister is going to Chile to teach English. Why? Are you interested?

cvmurrieta
May 20th, 2009, 13:04
I am interested, Ali. Do share details, please.

staroverfuji
May 21st, 2009, 08:26
Yes. My sister is going to Chile to teach English. Why? Are you interested?

Ali, you are a information cock tease. Come on and share the juicy details.

Neb
May 21st, 2009, 08:38
You know you didn't need to add the "cock" in there lol, I think just "tease" was sufficient... dirty dirty mind

AliDimayev
May 21st, 2009, 11:45
Ali, you are a information cock tease. Come on and share the juicy details.
I emailed my sister, she hasn't responded yet. ARe you interested in going to South America?

Some parts seem so lovely. I guess any part that isn't brazil or columbia.

staroverfuji
May 21st, 2009, 13:38
Yes, its next on my list. From Japan land of nuns to South America, land of... the not nuns?

fragglerocker
May 21st, 2009, 15:18
I emailed my sister, she hasn't responded yet. ARe you interested in going to South America?

Some parts seem so lovely. I guess any part that isn't brazil or columbia.

And just what is so wrong with Brazil and Colombia, may I ask?

AliDimayev
May 21st, 2009, 17:18
And just what is so wrong with Brazil and Colombia, may I ask?
I generally don't like to be shot at by marauding youth gangs, but that's just me.