PDA

View Full Version : Query about INTERAC application

IrelandCalling4
May 24th, 2009, 03:46
Hi there,

A very quick question, and I know this may vary country to country -

I am "Apply Now" stage on the interacnetwork site, and if I may ask - there is no space for CV, essay or proof of qualifications. It's a simply "Name, address, phone number, country of residence" form.

Does the paperwork only be sent in if you are called to interview/group interview? Confused here!

Many thanks for any advice,

G.

Don't delete your questions just because you've found the answer -- other people might have the same question. -Triv

cvmurrieta
May 27th, 2009, 14:30
Too bad! I was just going to relay my experience with Interac on Monday.

curtaineater
May 27th, 2009, 16:44
Relay it anyway. Keep the thread!

cvmurrieta
May 29th, 2009, 10:19
Well, if arriving on time instead of early for the interviewing is a strike against me, then so be it. I have a good reason though. I was interviewing at a good eikaiwa in Chiba and then had to go to Chiyoda-ku in Tokyo. Although I had a map with me, the Fujibo building was not easy to locate. I finally called the office, and they told me to look for the Court Medallion building. I found it and strolled in maybe 30 seconds late. I didn't sweat it since no one was at the front desk anyway. A nice-looking recruiter came out and showed me to a booth.

At the booth I took a grammar test and personality test. After that was done, the pleasant young gal (I'm 38) came back and proceeded to ask me the standard interview questions. I was asked about my placement preferences. Although I told them I am open to anywhere, I said that the Tohoku area is my #1 choice. This surprised me a bit as a couple of months ago I wanted out.

Then after all was I did my six minute demo lesson where I sang "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes!" and then proceeded to teach colors to the students.

I guess they haven't outright rejected me because one of my references told me she was called yesterday. When she was telling me this, she smiled and winked as if to say, "I've put in a good word for you!"

Now I just need to fax Interac my receipt and get half of my train fare paid for!

Still hoping that things work out with that school in Chiba though. They were calling my job references too.

Onto more interviews until a firm job offer is made by someone. I think with Interac it is sometimes a case of "the left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing" I had applied to several Interac positions over gaijinpot before being interviewed in Tokyo. Now those branch offices are contacting me too.

Yes, Interac did ask to make a copy of my diploma and took my letters of reference at the interview. They also copied my passport and Alien Registration Card. I told them that my International Driver Permit is on the way (My mom sent it from California last Saturday so it should be here within the next couple of days)