PDA

View Full Version : National Insurance vs. Interac Insurance

curtaineater
June 6th, 2009, 15:03
as we all know, interac has its own insurace...of course. they want me to decide if i want to use their plan or the national plan. typically i would think that the national plan would be way the hell better but there has to be at least a little something that their plan offers which the national plan doesnt. why else would they have it? so from what you guys know, is there any reason to choose the interac stuff over national?

all i know is that i have to front the bill and then get reimbursed with the interac plan, and that alone makes me not want it.

cvmurrieta
June 6th, 2009, 15:57
If you aren't currently in Japan, then for the first year NHI will be cheap. After that, the monthly premiums can jump to at least 20,000 yen. Of course, if you are OK with that, then when you visit the doc, you only pay 30%.

I am a hemophiliac so in my case I will probably need to go with NHI since I don't think Interglobal covers pre-existing conditions.

curtaineater
June 6th, 2009, 17:06
im going to ask if i can start up with national and then switch to the private one after a year.

Wakatta
June 15th, 2009, 18:40
If you aren't currently in Japan, then for the first year NHI will be cheap. After that, the monthly premiums can jump to at least 20,000 yen. Of course, if you are OK with that, then when you visit the doc, you only pay 30%.

I am a hemophiliac so in my case I will probably need to go with NHI since I don't think Interglobal covers pre-existing conditions.

Actually, it does now, or at least did when I was with Interac last year. It's a recent change. It may have changed back.