PDA

View Full Version : Cost of quiting AU?

Tegan
June 17th, 2009, 17:29
I can't read Japanese so I have a hard time searching on AUs website for this....
can anyone find/translate the cost/fee involved in breaking an AU two year contract, about a year early?

I want to see how much AU expects me to pay for breaking my cell phone contract.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Paul
June 18th, 2009, 08:52
"Everybody Discount" is offered on the basis of a two-year subscription contract. If the contract is cancelled or otherwise suspended during the term, a contract cancellation fee (¥9,975 including tax) will be charged. (However, the fee will not be charged until the end of November 2008.) The discount is renewed automatically every two years.

http://www.au.kddi.com/english/charge_discount/plan/simple/index.html

running roku
June 18th, 2009, 12:33
So it went up in Nov 2008? It used to be 1900yen or something insignificant like that which was great.

Tegan
June 19th, 2009, 11:17
This makes me consider forgetting about my phone all together. What can they do if I just leave?

Paul
June 19th, 2009, 13:24
They may try to reclaim the funds from your school.

patjs
June 20th, 2009, 13:13
This makes me consider forgetting about my phone all together. What can they do if I just leave?

People like you are the reason the companies got strict on gaijin. Pay your bills.

Gusuke
June 20th, 2009, 17:04

Pay your Goddamn bill and not ruin it for the rest of us who want to be legitimate here.

Tegan
June 20th, 2009, 18:34
geez! a girl thinks one naughty thought and all hell breaks lose.

I will pay the stupid bill...not because of you guys, screw you guys I'm going home ;), but b/c I don't want to worry about them trying to hunt down the money somehow latter. :p

Happyscrappy
June 22nd, 2009, 00:50
http://adp.dtsh.hu/boritok/dvd/szinkronos/American.Ninja.2-The.Confrontation.1987.CUSTOM.HUN.NTSC.DVDR-VHS.jpg

They will use their international network. Be afraid.

yohgrl23
June 22nd, 2009, 08:47
the noobs are already screwed at least in my ken, softbank apparently will no longer let foreigners get a cell phone connected to a japanese bank account. It must be paid by credit card.

i blame all the damn russians in town.. who knows, it still is lame.

Gusuke
June 22nd, 2009, 10:06
the noobs are already screwed at least in my ken, softbank apparently will no longer let foreigners get a cell phone connected to a japanese bank account. It must be paid by credit card.

i blame all the damn russians in town.. who knows, it still is lame.

What's so bad about that? For AU I signed up using my credit card since I didn't have my gaijin card yet, and after about a month I just switched to paying via bank transfers.

yohgrl23
June 22nd, 2009, 12:45
they won't let you pay with a bank account ever. you have to keep it on your credit card. It's just a stupid way to use your credit card, you have to pay to transfer money home so that you can pay your card, if you don't pay on time you end up paying interests on the bill.. and if you got screwed by the credit card company like I did you have to pay stupid over seas transaction fees each month.. so you end up paying more than the actual bill.