PDA

View Full Version : Dating lesson ideas?

scarreddragon
July 9th, 2009, 16:03
So, I teach a small group of JHS girls of all grades in a kinda discussion lesson once a month as an addition to their regular teacher's plans. So they usually can just ask about subjects, and the teacher asks me to talk about them. I've done things like Western Holidays, American JHS's, etc .

The girls want to know about dating in America, specifically in Junior High School. Um. Okay.... except I "dated" a guy for three days in JHS and that was the extent of my experience. I didn't really "date" at all until college, and I wouldn't exactly call that dating. So I have NO IDEA what to discuss for an hour.

Um. Ideas? Discussions? Experiences you had? It isn't an actual lesson, so I don't have to plan anything, just talk and ask easy questions the girls will probably giggle at and not answer -_-;

I could get goofy... "dating" bingo, "dating" word searches... but really, I'm clueless. Help me please!

Redbeard77
July 9th, 2009, 16:11
um all the goofy stuff with parents driving you to the movies and stuff like that. maybe something about asking dates to junior high/high school dances and what not.

yea thats about all i got for junior high dating. for high school stuff you can talk about exchanging class rings (if anyone has done this since the 50s its news to me but whatever) and prom and all that.

scarreddragon
July 9th, 2009, 16:15
um all the goofy stuff with parents driving you to the movies and stuff like that. maybe something about asking dates to junior high/high school dances and what not.

yea thats about all i got for junior high dating. for high school stuff you can talk about exchanging class rings (if anyone has done this since the 50s its news to me but whatever) and prom and all that.

So JHS kids have their parents drive them? XDDD cuuuuute I think this shows how clueless I am that I don't even know that. I do remember one JHS dance we had... that's a good idea, to focus on the dances and prom and rings and stuff. Maybe I'll pretend I'm talking about dating and really talk about cultural differences between JHS in the states and in Japan instead!

Don't Japanese students (or boys at least) exchange their uniform buttons or something? Or have I watched too many dorama's?

Redbeard77
July 10th, 2009, 11:35
never heard the buttons thing, but my schools 85% girls and noone dates anyone at the school, they all date from the school down the street. its really kind of strange.

mteacher80
July 10th, 2009, 14:01
we had two girls get pregnant when i was in JHS. there was the japense drama 14year old mother.