PDA

View Full Version : Unscheduled Downtime

Paul
August 24th, 2009, 05:20
Some genius decided to log into the server and mess with it. I have since fixed the problem then went on a rampage and bollocked whoever it was.

Now, you can get back to your scheduled ITIL viewing.

wicket
August 24th, 2009, 06:26
must've been while i was off for a walk.
i got mark's wife's name mixed up with bryan's. think he'll forgive me?

Paul
August 24th, 2009, 06:27
he might, she mightnt :D

Coollead
August 24th, 2009, 14:21
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE?!

ITIL (pre-server move the first) was always blocked by Websense (Identified as a message board)

ITIL (after you moved the server and until this incident) NOT blocked by Websense

ITIL (after today's nonsense) BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE. (Identified as a message board)

jboze84
August 24th, 2009, 16:28
There's been a security breach?! What am I going to do now that all of my personal info is out!?

Death to the admin!

Paul
August 24th, 2009, 20:08
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE?!

ITIL (pre-server move the first) was always blocked by Websense (Identified as a message board)

ITIL (after you moved the server and until this incident) NOT blocked by Websense

ITIL (after today's nonsense) BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE. (Identified as a message board)

What did I change? I fixed the server by restoring deleted files. I'll delete the files again if you wish.

Paul
August 24th, 2009, 20:09
There's been a security breach?! What am I going to do now that all of my personal info is out!?

Death to the admin!

No, there wasn't a security breach. We have enough people on the team capable of breaking things without needing more.

Mr. Plainview
August 24th, 2009, 21:35
translation = i learned the hard way that inserting smilies into the php code does not yield good results. I thought their cute little faces would "spruce up" that boring code.

i was wrong.

Tarquin
August 25th, 2009, 09:12
translation = i learned the hard way that inserting smilies into the php code does not yield good results. I thought their cute little faces would "spruce up" that boring code.

i was wrong.

Oh we've all been there...

Coollead
August 25th, 2009, 11:52
What did I change? I fixed the server by restoring deleted files. I'll delete the files again if you wish.That's really odd then, because ITIL wasn't being ID'd as a message board until the server went down.....

Unless Websense got smarter. :( Other boards were always blocked...but not ITIL.