PDA

View Full Version : Ban Candy

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 14:59
Seriously, are bans just going to be handed out at random soon enough? Do infraction points mean anything if the mods can just vote or decide whether or not to ban, regardless of accrued infraction points?

mothy
September 14th, 2009, 15:00
Waaaa! Waaaa!!! My butt buddy got banned so now I want the disciplinary policies to be enforced as written! It's not funny anymore guys! Waaaaa!

AliDimayev
September 14th, 2009, 15:00
Why? What happened?

ten_of_spades
September 14th, 2009, 15:02
Seriously, are bans just going to be handed out at random soon enough? Do infraction points mean anything if the mods can just vote or decide whether or not to ban, regardless of accrued infraction points?

I thought there were certain infractions that resulted in bans, regardless of points. I'd assume too that prior behaviour has in influence as well. Puma has posted PMs on the board before, so maybe he's on a shorter leash than most.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:04
Puma's PM reference was soooo vague that you wouldn't have even known it was about a PM.

Anyway, Hyakuman got 2 points but then after a mod discussion it was changed to ban. Puma got 3 points for this offense, but then it was changed to a ban. What is even the purpose of points?

swedeinshiga
September 14th, 2009, 15:04
could some one ban Mothy...really ban him, like hard with lots of KY gel and some whips?

swedeinshiga
September 14th, 2009, 15:05
Puma's PM reference was soooo vague that you wouldn't have even known it was about a PM.

Anyway, Hyakuman got 2 points but then after a mod discussion it was changed to ban. Puma got 3 points for this offense, but then it was changed to a ban. What is even the purpose of points?

to trick you into believing that the powers that be actually cares about you and that they aren't after your lucky charms

mothy
September 14th, 2009, 15:06
could some one ban Mothy...really ban him, like hard with lots of KY gel and some whips?

I've been trying to get banned for months now. But all I was able to get was for my posts to be banned. Bah! I don't know what else I can do.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:08
Just ask to be banned. I hope they gladly give it to you.

swedeinshiga
well you could start posting pics of yourself and those sheeps you found last week....that should do the job

Oneiro
An infraction is an official warning. You're right, it has little real bearing. It's the traffic violation of the board. You get it yeah it kind of sucks, but in the long run it has little overall effect. But you keep getting them and you don't pay then you get banned.

Yeah we can ban on the spot but puma gave out a pm after being banned at least TWICE for similar violations of privacy.

I mean, seriously, I think we are as lenient as possible in the grand scheme of things but when someone is just so obviously trying to violate the rules, whether to get attention, get purposefully banned or just trying to make a point against the mods, it kind of leaves us with no little recourse.

As for Hyakuman's case. C'mon, I like the guy IRL *AND* online but pull the tail on the tiger and you shouldn't be surprised at the results. For the record Wicket had absolutely nothing to do with the ban.

I'm repeating myself but honestly, it's a website. But even then we don't want to become BD Part II. Oh wait.

mothy
September 14th, 2009, 15:10
well you could start posting pics of yourself and those sheeps you found last week....that should do the job

The pics turned out blurry. It just looks like I'm wearing a wool coat.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:13
I'm repeating myself but honestly, it's a website. But even then we don't want to become BD Part II. Oh wait.

Yeah, a bit too late for that.

Waldroon
September 14th, 2009, 15:13
You may want to re-think posting this topic in AG.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:15
Why? Anything goes right?

Ini
1. You've already been told to keep this in site discussion
B. 3 points is an instant ban
ウ. that's the way the cookie crumbles

FiercestCalm
You gonna get banned, son.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:20
All of the above is my opinion.

1. The hyakuman ban was not a result of posts in AG, it was the result of things that happened in Applying.

2. I do not ban people for expressing opinions in AG

3. I will ban people who consciously test our reslove in Applying.

good day.

Ini
September 14th, 2009, 15:22
nobody has been banned for expressing opinions in AG as far as I'm aware. If you could point me in the direction of such an occurrence I would be happy to investigate it for you.

Waldroon
September 14th, 2009, 15:24
Administrator and Moderator decisions

If you have a complaint or other issue with a decision made by the board staff, you should contact us directly so we can consider your complaint/issue and inform you of the final decision. Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the board to send us an email. If an idea requires public scrutiny, you may create a post in either "Site Related" or the "VIP Only" forum. All conversations with ITIL staff through PMs, e-mails, or any other medium are strictly confidential, and may not be published without the consent of the Administrators.

Relevant parts bolded.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:25
I was saying that in my own defense so you couldn't ban me for posting this in anything goes. Didn't realize it had been moved.

I Am Quailman
September 14th, 2009, 15:27
Why not put it at public scrutiny? We let the public vote on other things.

Ini
September 14th, 2009, 15:30
put what against public scrutiny? this isn't a private forum. Why are you convinced something untoward has happened? People get banned and infraction points all the time. The rules have been universally applied for the last 6 months across all boards. just because the last 2 people banned were your friends you seem to think we have all suddenly changed policy.

wicket
September 14th, 2009, 18:46
you better believe i had nothing to do with it - i didn't even know he'd been banned.
fucking time difference.
still, good riddance to bad rubbish and all that. he was really pushing the envelope.

Scrotty
September 14th, 2009, 22:07
Bah! I don't know what else I can do.
starts with 'e', ends with 'duel', involves a bunch of forum groobles who vote for you by accident because they actually wanted to support the other guy

mothy
September 14th, 2009, 23:23
starts with 'e', ends with 'duel', involves a bunch of forum groobles who vote for you by accident because they actually wanted to support the other guy

Shhh... I'm drunk. Don't mention e-duel to me when I'm drunk. I might accidently do it.

Oneiro
September 14th, 2009, 23:28
C'mon Mothy. With Saitaman gone, only one Saitama JET may remain on this site.

mothy
September 14th, 2009, 23:32
I think I'm not allowed to challenge mods...

Oneiro
September 14th, 2009, 23:38
Anyone can challenge anyone.

But really, I think the e-dueling thing is ridiculous and taken too seriously in the first place and I have no desire to take it any further than necessary.

I just really really like the idea of Saitama Highlander.

EDIT THE NEXT DAY: 2000th post. Huzzah! At least I mentioned something cool like Saitama Highlander.

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 14:47
wtf it's bad enough puma was banned but now itachi is banned seemingly out of nowhere? Like...is it just because they're friends IRL or something cuz that's utter bullshit, I'm sorry.

FiercestCalm
September 15th, 2009, 14:47
Go read the thread, it was puma posing as itachi... aka multi-accounts. Ish.

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 14:50
How do you know though? Even if there's an ip address or anything you can't really prove it. Like I said, they're friends IRL, in fact I've been at pablo's house while itachi posted on pablo's computer.

FiercestCalm
September 15th, 2009, 14:51
But do you really think puma invited itachi to work with him so that itachi could sit at a work computer and browse itil while puma sat right next to him?

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 14:54
How do you know it's from work though?

FiercestCalm
September 15th, 2009, 14:55
It's in the thread, mods can see the IP addy from which you post.

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 14:57
Yeah I get that, but how do they know if it's from work or not is all I'm saying.

FiercestCalm
September 15th, 2009, 15:04
I dunno, I assume DPV has some way of knowing.

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 15:14
Well no matter what I don't like pumar to be banned because a.) I think we should all just get along and b.) it's a lot less entertaining without him around. :'(

itachi is kinda take it or leave it though ;)

I declare today drama-o-rama

Mr. Plainview
September 15th, 2009, 15:15
i do. during school hours, he posts from one ip, and then after school hours, he posts from a different ip. the trend has been consistent for thousands of posts. guess which one Itachi was on today?

Ziltoid
September 15th, 2009, 15:44
If you posted from work it would be a government IP address.

mothy
September 15th, 2009, 15:50
Yuffie... Were you on the OJ Simpson jury?

And I wish ban candy was a real candy. It would taste so good.

Waldroon
September 15th, 2009, 16:05
No kidding, I haven't seen someone work this hard to ignore the truth for.....well, since OJ I guess.

Yuffie
September 15th, 2009, 16:06
:'(

Hikari
September 16th, 2009, 00:54
I think MOCO should challenge one of the mods to an e-duel.

dombay
September 23rd, 2009, 22:07
Yea look if Moco comes back I'm just going to ban him.

I laid off last time because British Chris was excited and I didn't want to spoil his fun but next time no e-duel, just a 100 pt ban.

fidelity
September 23rd, 2009, 22:19
Yea look if Moco comes back I'm just going to ban him.
What has MOCO done wrong that means MOCO gets banned?

Mr. Plainview
September 23rd, 2009, 22:22
What has MOCO done wrong that means MOCO gets banned?

dombay's comment = hyperbole

dombay
September 23rd, 2009, 22:39
Hahha ... give Moco 5 seconds and he'll break a rule.

Paul
September 24th, 2009, 04:08
Private board. Discussion over.

Fyrey
September 24th, 2009, 08:27
Private board. Discussion over.

Wading in with your silver tongued diplomacy, Paul? - that'll appease the masses.