PDA

View Full Version : Pension Refund Form

dombay
September 25th, 2009, 12:23
Hi kiddos,

I'm trying to fill in my pension refund and I have the basic pension number as printed in my little book but is that the only number I need (I bloody well hope as it's the only number I have) or do I need to fill in one of the numbers below as well.

Similarly the next page which asks you to fill in when you were enrolled - does that need to be filled in and if so which type of insurance was it?

Cheers :)

Urthona
September 26th, 2009, 11:08
Hi kiddos,

I'm trying to fill in my pension refund and I have the basic pension number as printed in my little book but is that the only number I need (I bloody well hope as it's the only number I have) or do I need to fill in one of the numbers below as well.

Similarly the next page which asks you to fill in when you were enrolled - does that need to be filled in and if so which type of insurance was it?

Cheers :)

I fucked up my copy [my pen burst - argh], is there a website with it where it can be downloaded?

Best of luck with your copy.

dombay
September 26th, 2009, 16:16
Yea just google 'Japan Social Insurance' and you'll find the website.

Yuffie
September 28th, 2009, 06:14
Yeah after looking everywhere for a second possible number I determined that was the only one you need. I'm sure I could be wrong but that's what it seems like.

Also for the second page I circled National Pension but I could be completely wrong on that one, so if anyone knows anything about that that'd be awesome.

mteacher80
September 28th, 2009, 12:53
the japanese on the pension book says Basic Pension number, but really you should write that number int he Employment pension box. thats what we tell all the ALTs that call back to my office after leaving.

dombay
September 28th, 2009, 23:18
Cheers Mark, Yuffie.

Timoshi
November 7th, 2009, 10:16
I thought we couldn't do anything until 3 months after leaving? Did you guys get this 'form' in the mail or something?

I did everything correctly before I left, but haven't heard from anyone since returning home.

Yuffie
November 9th, 2009, 17:23
I got the form from the BoE at a meeting before leaving. If yours didn't give you one you can just google Japanese pension refund like dombay said and get the form. As far as what I can tell you can send it in right away I think, no one told me otherwise and nothing in the packet of information seems to say that. I know it might take a while for it to show up in your account though. I haven't sent mine out yet anyway so maybe I'll look it over again and see what's up.

Did you at least get your little pension book from your CO? That part is kind of important.

Timoshi
November 9th, 2009, 17:58
I did everything by the book, including the tax refund on the pension return.

I just under the impression we had to wait for a letter or something before we go ahead and get the money. It's been 3 months by now, so I should go through all the leavers material again....

or wait until the exchange rate improves :/

cottamg
February 2nd, 2010, 10:57
so.... I am living in Taiwan now... but my mail from Japan is going to my family's address in Australia.

I applied for my pension refund and they sent some kind of letter to my parents asking for confirmation that I wanted my pension in cash, etc and not transferred to my Australian pension.

Did anyone else get this letter? What exactly does it say? Because my parents forwarded the letter to me, but it seems to have been lost in the mail. :'(

Rex Banner
February 5th, 2010, 09:56
I thought we couldn't do anything until 3 months after leaving? Did you guys get this 'form' in the mail or something?

I did everything correctly before I left, but haven't heard from anyone since returning home.

I mailed mine within a week of arriving home, received the letter about payment the other day and it looks like 15 Feb is payment day.

ChuChuRocket!
February 7th, 2010, 12:35
so.... I am living in Taiwan now... but my mail from Japan is going to my family's address in Australia.

I applied for my pension refund and they sent some kind of letter to my parents asking for confirmation that I wanted my pension in cash, etc and not transferred to my Australian pension.

Did anyone else get this letter? What exactly does it say? Because my parents forwarded the letter to me, but it seems to have been lost in the mail. :'(

Yeah, my parents got the same thing.

Rex Banner
February 16th, 2010, 13:19
Cha-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!

ChuChuRocket!
February 16th, 2010, 15:39
Did it just appear in your bank account, or did you get a letter about it as well?

Rex Banner
February 17th, 2010, 13:53
I got a letter.

mteacher80
February 17th, 2010, 16:25
Yeah coz you have to take that letter and send it (well the receipt) back to your tax rep so you can claim the 20% withheld for taxes...

Rox
February 19th, 2010, 09:22
Did you guys actually get the pension refund on the 15th? Or just a letter telling you that you would get your refund soon?

I sent my forms in August, got a letter asking if I wanted to withdraw my pension or stay in the system (I was in Japan for 5 years), returned that....and haven't heard anything since.

mteacher80
February 19th, 2010, 11:27
I know a bunch of people that got the money on the 15th.

ChuChuRocket!
February 19th, 2010, 12:52
Still waiting for mine as well.

Curse you Japanese bureaucracy!

WaitinginDenver
September 12th, 2010, 17:01
Did you guys actually get the pension refund on the 15th? Or just a letter telling you that you would get your refund soon?

I sent my forms in August, got a letter asking if I wanted to withdraw my pension or stay in the system (I was in Japan for 5 years), returned that....and haven't heard anything since.

Man, I hope you see my quote... I didn't send in my refund forms until late October, but I got the SAME letter about March or so asking if I wanted to withdraw or stay in. Needless to say, it's kind of disconcerting that they have to ask at all - if you went through all of the trouble of filling out the forms, sending in the book, etc, do you really need to say "yes" again? I feel like it's a way to try and staunch the flow of funds outside of Japan, but I guess that's kind of a pessimistic view.

Anyway, now that we've gotten to September and I STILL don't have my money, it'd be great to hear if somebody in the same position got theirs a little later. Reply to defendership at gmail dot com if you get this message (or anybody else who can answer it). Thanks!

Urthona
September 13th, 2010, 18:58
Has anyone ever gotten the pension refund prior to receiving the letter? I haven't gotten a letter yet, so I am getting rather doubtful it is happening this month. I sent my forms off in March of this year, so it has been about 6 months.

karatemollie
September 14th, 2010, 10:37
If I don't get my refund this month, I will have waited a year with no refund.

Ladama
September 22nd, 2010, 06:07
Apologies in advanced, but I need some hand-holding in filling out this pension refund form, I just wanna make sure it's exactly right.

*First off, do I need to write my name in katakana as well? (Since it's in katakana in the pension book)

*Have any of you been able to get this "certified bank stamp"? If not what did you substitute it with?

And in the "History Section"

*My town was merged during my time in Japan, has anyone experienced this? If so which Office name and Address should I write down, the one when I arrived or when I left?

*In "work period", did you write month/year or exact dates?

*The pension type is "Employees Pension insurance" right? Not "National Pension"?

*There's a little note at the very bottom saying "For the period you were in the National Pension, fill in only the address of the place you lived". Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks >.<