PDA

View Full Version : Question about Visas for Korea

Dave_L
October 5th, 2009, 03:58

Victorius~
October 11th, 2009, 11:19
I am not too confident that, having explained the reason to them once again, they will deem it an unavoidable one. If they do prevent me from reapplying, I will look to GEPIK and SMOE as a way of teaching in Korean public schools; I am not interested in teaching in a Hagwon.

My question is this: am I right in thinking that if EPIK do prevent me from reapplying to them, this will most likely damage any attempt I make to obtain a Visa and, therefore, prevent me from teaching in Korea altogether?

Cheers

What's so bad about teaching at a hagwon? I really like it, to be honest. The pay is good and the work hours are very managable. I hear there's a lot of variety on job security, though. Maybe I just got lucky~

In any case, EPIK refusing your application should have little affect on applying with other programs. Unless they filed with the immigration office and then had to deal with your not coming over it shouldn't be an issue, but I don't think that is a possibility because the process can't even be finalized until you actually come to Korea and take some tests and such. You should be fine!

Dave_L
October 11th, 2009, 22:21
What's so bad about teaching at a hagwon? I really like it, to be honest. The pay is good and the work hours are very managable. I hear there's a lot of variety on job security, though. Maybe I just got lucky~

In any case, EPIK refusing your application should have little affect on applying with other programs. Unless they filed with the immigration office and then had to deal with your not coming over it shouldn't be an issue, but I don't think that is a possibility because the process can't even be finalized until you actually come to Korea and take some tests and such. You should be fine!

I would simply prefer to teach in a public school; I know many people who, like you, are happy teaching at hagwons.

Cheers for the Visa advice. Fortunately, it does not seem like it will become an issue for me now.