PDA

View Full Version : Comman Lesson - HELP

kalliea
October 22nd, 2009, 09:00
So, I need to come up with a game, about 15-25 minutes, that makes the kids practice commands.

I DON'T want to do Simon says anymore. >.<

Please, please please...ideas?

deekun
October 22nd, 2009, 23:47
Truth or dare? ;)

Also, here is a game on Englipedia for 2nensei JHS classes that you might find useful:

JHS_Textbook_Game_DoAsISay (http://jhsenglipediaproject.com/jhs_textbook_game_doasisay.aspx)

I guess it's basically a variation of Simon Says, but my students seemed to enjoy it. I did something similar to that, adding interesting twists like "Give sensei your shoe", "(make and) Give sensei a paper airplane", etc.

Miss_igirisu
October 23rd, 2009, 10:34
Ok, a bit complex but here it goes. I did this with "we must".. maybe you could work it to fit yours. I don't think it'll work with "touch your nose" and so on but maybe commands like "eat your veg" or "do your homework"

Kids are in teams (if you tell them to get into souji - cleaning- groups, it works out nicely) one kids from each team goes outside the room with you. You tell each kid a command (in my case it was stuff like "we must wear slippers in school." "we must not sleep in class" etc) the kids go back to their teams and mime (use the word gesture) the command to their team. Once a kid knows what it is, they call the JTE over and ALL the kids in the team must say the sentence ("eg We must not sleep in class) and then they get a point on the board. First team to get 10 points is the winner.

Not sure if you can work this to fit your class but it is my brain child and I love it a lot. The kids will go mental and be really noisy so watch out.

deekun
October 26th, 2009, 22:34
Today, some JHS students told me about a game they play called Kings that also involves commands. There is a pile of sticks, one of which has a red mark on it. Each person takes turns grabbing a stick, and the person who takes the red stick is King and gets to order around someone else.

(I don't know all the details, but if you ask your students they may be able to tell you more. And if they do know, you won't have to explain much...)

Splitting them into smaller groups and having each group play Kings in English could work well.