PDA

View Full Version : world cultures/geography lesson

onyxori
October 26th, 2009, 15:01
I`m working on a world cultures lesson for my third year highschoolers. It is a two lesson (maybe 3 lesson) project and I need some help with the second part. I wonder if I can pick your super-smart brains for advice?

First lesson-
Vocab review
Slide show with people in saris, kilts, other traditional dress- students guess where they are from and we review a few cultural customs like bow/handshake/don`t touch people on the head in Thailand etc.
Students choose a country they want to research and group up- write a letter to that country`s embassy requesting information. Scour National Geographic and the library for country facts. I`ll have a few pages from Wikipedia printed as well.

Second Lesson- when material arrives, students cut out images they like and create posters with country facts and images to hang around the room.

So- I`ve got the embassy information off mofa.go.jp but I was wondering about those shiny pictures in travel brochures. Does anyone know where I can order a bunch of free travel brochures? Any other good resources/websites I can turn to for printed material my kids can tear up?

Ini
October 26th, 2009, 16:31
the internet

onyxori
October 27th, 2009, 08:48
The internet is a big place. I`ve been searching around on it all day and can find plenty of brochures, but only 2 will mail them to Japan.

Anything a bit more detailed?