PDA

View Full Version : where to sit the kids

kawyn
November 19th, 2009, 13:50
there are bound to be 1, 2 or 10 naughty kids in your class.
i find that most of my teachers sit the naughty kids together so they can be naughty on their own while the class goes on without them

some of them separate the naughty chatty ones in different corners to isolate them from each other but they may possibly ruin it for everyone all together.

whats your school like and what do you think is better?
to separate or not to separate these kids?

FiercestCalm
November 19th, 2009, 14:50
They're generally seperated in my school. If it's up to me I try and put them in the front so at least I can glare at them unabated.

Ini
November 24th, 2009, 13:01
pick them up and play pass the pigs with them.

Zara
November 25th, 2009, 01:02
depends on the student and the class. i have one kid that is a total shit, and when his friends, their behavior tends to go down the crapper as well, but if i separate him out, the others are much better. i think a lot of the bad kids at my school only feel tough in their little groups, so my solution is usually to separate them.

which is different than my JTEs' solution of doing absolutely nothing. :rolleyes:

Marketpixy
November 25th, 2009, 21:29
I have no say where my kids sit, and it seems they move around on a daily or weekly basis. The unruly kids are always separated and at least for my classes it makes things worse. Instead of just being in one little corner making a ruckus they are spread out in the room hollering back and forth, throwing things, etc. Of course my teacher is at his wits end and some days does nothing and others spends the day yelling at the annoying kids.

Langus
December 2nd, 2009, 15:17
At the start of the year there was one shit disturber in my first year class but he sat right in the front row so I just kept an eye on him. He did pretty good with participation and stuff and kept his mouth shut for the most part. A couple months in they moved him to the VERY back of the class with all his shit disturber friends which made things 100x worse. He stopped participating and talked constantly to the point where the JTE had to stop the lesson more than once to tell him to shut up. If it were up to me, the shit disturbers would be in the front row and far from their friends. Nothing to distract them and that way I can keep an eye on them.