PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

kalliea
November 21st, 2009, 20:28
Is there anyway we can split Anything Goes in two? I like the (semi) unmodified forum set up, but AG has devolved into basically 'Lets talk about pubes' and equally fun topics.

I'd really like to see a board that has the same rules as AG, but with a purpose. Like...one place for pubes, fetishes, rants, woots, and the endless say something about the person before type threads, and a different place for politics, cooking, and more discussion based threads.

wicket
November 21st, 2009, 20:36
we've already got VIP - there's basically 2 AGs.
i think AG is fine, because thread titles tell you what they're about - just don't read the dumb ones.
but you're right, there's way too many parody threads, threads about who's fucking whom and how; and shit like that lately [puma you tosser] - this place gets more like BD by the day [not a compliment!]

I Am Quailman
November 21st, 2009, 22:13
Um... Pretty much what wicket said about not reading it if you don't like it.

As for being like BD, whatever. It's a place for bored people to talk while they are bored at work/in their inaka. WAH WAH A THREAD ABOUT ASSHOLES.

kalliea
November 22nd, 2009, 08:06
Don't get me wrong...I don't mind those threads. I think many of the threads are pointless, but entertaining.

My complaint is that there are soooo many of them, some times other threads get pushed off the main page within the day, because of the pointless...

I just want a place to talk about things not related to Japan, but also not related to sex/pubes/assholes etc.

wicket
November 22nd, 2009, 11:31
it would start like that and then it would become another AG.
my point was that in the past AG was just what you want - a place to talk about non-Japan stuff; it's only relatively recently that sex/pooh/circle jerk threads have overtaken the main page.

kalliea
November 22nd, 2009, 13:05
*sigh* That makes me sad.

AliDimayev
November 22nd, 2009, 19:09
Just don't read the ones that don't interest you and read and post in the ones that do interest you (this will keep them from being pushed down).

AG is like compassion- you can't legislate it. People will talk about what they want to talk about in AG.

I Am Quailman
November 22nd, 2009, 21:11
it would start like that and then it would become another AG.
my point was that in the past AG was just what you want - a place to talk about non-Japan stuff; it's only relatively recently that sex/pooh/circle jerk threads have overtaken the main page.

Didn't realize that Winnie the Pooh was such a sexual thing... then again he always loved playing with his piglet. We always thought it was the honey that made him sticky... must be wrong there!

dombay
November 22nd, 2009, 22:01
Trolls and dickheads need to be fed.

If you just ignore them they go away.

If they push the envelope too far they an infraction.

Then they send a whinging PM to us about how unfair it is that they broke the rules, knew about it and how it's just so unfair.

The point is, just ignore the idiots and they'll go away.

I do very much take your point, though and I think it's very valid.

mothy
November 23rd, 2009, 17:41
User banned.

tenderRondo
December 1st, 2009, 18:40
Trolls and dickheads need to be fed.

If you just ignore them they go away.

If they push the envelope too far they an infraction.

Then they send a whinging PM to us about how unfair it is that they broke the rules, knew about it and how it's just so unfair.

Dont lump me in with those heathens. I never complained.

to Kal: a new forum for that would be useless. Learn to search gooder.