PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Access

Hyakuman
November 27th, 2009, 09:09
For those of us without iPhones (and don't want to bother paying an extra 1500 yen/month to use the PC browser once in a while), is it possible that ITIL could set up a mobile style skin for cell phones?

This dude here (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174375&page=50) seems to have pretty straight forward instructions on setting one up for vBulletin 3.6+.

It doesn't look difficult, and I would offer to put it together but it seems that it requires pretty hefty admin privileges ;).

Ini
November 27th, 2009, 11:26
Why bother? the site is for bored people at work. Whos sad enough to check it when they are out and about?

Hyakuman
November 27th, 2009, 14:11
Haha, you and I both know that 95% of the active users of this site can't pull themselves away, even at home -- pathetic, really. That being said, I like to keep up to date with stuff if I'm on the train and have nothing better to do -- so why not, I says.

Coollead
December 5th, 2009, 15:41
The regular i-mode browser on my phone can view ITIL, with a few hiccups, but it would be nice to have a mobile version, since ITIL gets filtered at my work, and there's days where I don't have access to a computer.

puma
December 5th, 2009, 22:48
iphone ftw

Trivial
December 7th, 2009, 00:57
Working on it...

Hyakuman
December 7th, 2009, 14:18
Working on it...

Sweeeeeet!
I look forward to it.

Hyakuman
December 15th, 2009, 13:45
It's been over a week... Mobile access, yes? It ain't hard to do.

Ini
December 15th, 2009, 14:30
keep it to AG

tenderRondo
December 15th, 2009, 16:49
keep it to AG

Ini
December 15th, 2009, 16:52
exactly, Wally would have a mobile version working, the trains running on time and a new white plate car in everyones garage within a week.

Trivial
December 15th, 2009, 20:31
It's been over a week... Mobile access, yes? It ain't hard to do.

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. For some reason our copy of vBulletin isn't compatible with the mod that you specified, so I'll try and find one that works with it when I get a little bit of time.

Alternatively, you can try and wake Server up.

Server
December 16th, 2009, 06:46
someone called?

Tarquin
December 16th, 2009, 16:06
Yes,
I have a list of things for you to take care of.
One - This mobile access thing
Two - The identity of MOCO
Three - I was recently promoted to moderator of the articles forum, please action this post haste.
Four - If you could change it to auto-correct "shink" to "shinkansen" I (and many others) will sacrifice babies in your name.

Sankyu beri much.

Tarquin
December 16th, 2009, 16:09
Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. For some reason our copy of vBulletin isn't compatible with the mod that you specified, so I'll try and find one that works with it when I get a little bit of time.

Alternatively, you can try and wake Server up.

Mobile Style for vBulletin 3.8 - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229238)

??

Hyakuman
December 17th, 2009, 13:06
Mobile Style for vBulletin 3.8 - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229238)

??

Yes indeed. Let's pick up the pace here, ladies. This thing takes about 10 minutes to install if you know anything.

mothy
December 17th, 2009, 13:08
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they just aren't doing it because they don't like you?

Tarquin
December 17th, 2009, 14:24
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they just aren't doing it because they don't like you?

This is what I assume whenever anything I write falls on deaf ears.
Like instead of my suggestion of changing banned users "banned" title to a colour (something we can't do ourselves) They just got pissy and went "DO IT AND YOU GET A SEEING TO!"

mothy
December 17th, 2009, 14:31
I've changed my title to banned before and I'm not even VIP...

Ini
December 17th, 2009, 14:32
stop rocking the boat and get back to modding the trophy room

Tarquin
December 17th, 2009, 16:06
stop rocking the boat and get back to modding the trophy room

mothy: lol VIPs were changing theirs to "banned" and it was hard to tell who was banned and who wasn't

Me?
Articles, baby, Articles.
And it looks like my updated credentials have not been actioned, Maybe DPV was just playing with my heart...:(

mothy
December 17th, 2009, 17:54
YouTube - Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KdkQv0FfI)

Server
December 17th, 2009, 23:00
I'll take a look at it sometime next year.

Hyakuman
December 21st, 2009, 11:23
I'll take a look at it sometime next year.

Get on it, and stop being lazy. It seriously takes 10 minutes to install and maybe 5 more minutes to debug.

Hyakuman
January 19th, 2010, 11:09
So we're going on two months since this feature was first requested. What's the deal? Where is it?

Ini
January 19th, 2010, 12:09
maybe a few more donations will jog his memory

Beer Baron
January 19th, 2010, 15:34
So we're going on two months since this feature was first requested. What's the deal? Where is it?

Haven't had the time yet mate. I work 7.30 to 6.30 every day :/

mothy
January 19th, 2010, 15:53

Haven't you learned to live without it by now?

I recommend another 2 months without.

Hyakuman
January 20th, 2010, 09:29
Haven't had the time yet mate. I work 7.30 to 6.30 every day :/

I do believe that BC and myself said that either of us would be willing to volunteer to set it up. It's not that hard.

Haven't you learned to live without it by now?

I recommend another 2 months without.

Gonna need especially now with ITIL Survivor II Redux going on...

Tarquin
January 20th, 2010, 13:17
wait i said what now?

I'm lazy.

Beer Baron
January 20th, 2010, 15:34
I do believe that BC and myself said that either of us would be willing to volunteer to set it up. It's not that hard.

A link to a page with details on how to download and install the mod would be fine

Tarquin
January 20th, 2010, 16:52

??

??

Beer Baron
January 20th, 2010, 17:44
Installed. You can select it from the bottom from the styles chooser.

Once in the mobile mode you can select PC mode from the top navbar to return to the full site.

Let me know if you find any bugs.

FiercestCalm
January 20th, 2010, 17:56
1) I changed it to cell phone mode on the PC and now it won't change back. PC Mode link doesn't work.

2) I tried it on my cell phone and although the option is there, when I select it nothing happens. If I try to reload the page, it comes up in PC mode again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beer Baron
January 20th, 2010, 17:58
Just tried changing to mobile on pc and back again and it worked fine. Can anyone else confirm?

FiercestCalm
January 20th, 2010, 18:00
Just tried changing to mobile on pc and back again and it worked fine. Can anyone else confirm?

Mine was directing me to styleid=1. When I manually entered styleid=2 in the URL it went back to normal PC mode.

Tarquin
January 20th, 2010, 22:21
It works great on the iPhone! Cheers!
As a minor cosmetic thing, where it posts "posted via mobile device", any way to make that a little bit bigger? i can't really read it.
Also how does vbulletin store which style you've chosen? cookies? am I going to have to keep switching back to mobile mode on the iphone or PC mode from the computer? I refreshed a few times whilst using the mobile theme on the iphone and it seemed to use the PC mode? (more curious than anything on this point)
Posted via Mobile Device

Beer Baron
January 20th, 2010, 22:31
Mine was directing me to styleid=1. When I manually entered styleid=2 in the URL it went back to normal PC mode.

Strange. pc is definately id1. anyone else have this issue?

Tarquin
January 20th, 2010, 22:39
Strange. pc is definately id1. anyone else have this issue?

I haven't tried switching to the phone mode on my PC cos well, it makes no sense, but I was able to switch between the two on the iphone without issue.

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2010, 04:15
if you want a shortcut of going to the mobile site, go to http://m.ithinkimlost.com

Coollead
January 21st, 2010, 07:25
Is there a way to implement "First Unread Post" ?

It kinda sucks having to scroll through a ton of posts before I find the one I didn't read yet.

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2010, 07:28
possibly but im not sure. will check it out later

Hyakuman
January 21st, 2010, 08:46
Well hallelujah, the mobile version is finally rolling. Told ya that it would take less than 10 minutes to implement.

I shall begin using and reporting bugs, stat.

Hyakuman
January 21st, 2010, 09:02
Mobile site indeed looks great. HMan is happy! :)

Although that "newest posts" mark or something that Coollead was referring to would be nice.

Also, my keitai is 1024x480 pixels in resolution, which means that if the font is set in the stylesheet to small, it comes out really small on my browser. It's not a huge issue, but is there any way to set the font bigger or so that it uses the browser's default setting?

Tarquin
January 21st, 2010, 09:16
possibly but im not sure. will check it out later

Since it's just a style it should just be a case of copying it from one template to another since it's all relative right?

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2010, 16:10
Since it's just a style it should just be a case of copying it from one template to another since it's all relative right?

for the font size issue? possibly. but, i havent looked at the code for it so I dont know how easy it would be to change the sizes. Hopefully it's css based and not hard coded in a billion places!

remind me to look at it later, I'm quite busy with the server move and work right now so it'll have to wait till later.

Tarquin
January 21st, 2010, 16:14
for the font size issue? possibly. but, i havent looked at the code for it so I dont know how easy it would be to change the sizes. Hopefully it's css based and not hard coded in a billion places!

remind me to look at it later, I'm quite busy with the server move and work right now so it'll have to wait till later.

the unread post one as well i would assume.

I mean the whole style thing is template based right? CSS and PHP. Sooooooo, all you need to do is copy from one style to the other, theoretically anyway.

It's not like it's a pressing issue or anything, more curious than anything.

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2010, 16:24
Ah yea that should be ok as its just a hyperlink to an anchor at the post number.