PDA

View Full Version : Hokkaido preference

Sorcha
May 18th, 2004, 18:15
i put hokkaido as my first preference, just wondering has anyone else taken what I am now fearing may have been insane choice?

Manshonyagger
May 18th, 2004, 18:56
I did, but then I'm mmmmmaaaaaaaaadddddddd.

Sorcha
May 18th, 2004, 19:12
great...a mad northern irish person..it'll be just like home

dobharrison
May 18th, 2004, 19:21
Hokkaido is supposed to be beautiful! Lots of national parks and natural environments. And you can visit Vladivostok!

joe
May 18th, 2004, 19:50
sapporo, Hokkaido is my first preference (and I'm not mad as far as I know). I'm not sure I'm too keen on being along way out of the city though. If I do get placed in Hokkaido I'm planning on doing a lot of snowboarding. 8)

Joe

Sinbad
May 18th, 2004, 20:35
I put Hokkaido as my first, Nagno region as my second, and anywhere in Tohuku as my third as I love mountains and snow. Can't wait to find out where I'll be.
Knowing JET, I probably end up on a tropical island in the south.

Manshonyagger
May 18th, 2004, 20:38
great...a mad northern irish person..it'll be just like home

Hey, aren't we all mad? A pleasure to meet someone else from Norn Iron. Whereabouts are you? There's a few of us on this site, here and there.

Sorcha
May 18th, 2004, 20:50
i know it's supposed to be beautiful - am just slightly worried about the lack of central heating!
from fermanagh, but live in london at the mo. and you?

Manshonyagger
May 18th, 2004, 21:46
I'm in boring old Belfast. I was on Hokkaido for a few days in Spring last year, it was cold, wet and miserable! Hakodate in the pouring rain...just like home.

purplemarkie
May 19th, 2004, 06:22
I put down Hokkaido as my first choice too. Looks like it is only us Brits that are mad enough to want to go there! When I was filling out my application, it looked like a good place to put down plus I have never skied before and thought it would be the ideal place to learn.

I am also from London (well I live in Essex) but it is easier to say that I'm from London. Whereabouts are you from in London?

koitten
May 21st, 2004, 16:57
I requested Otaru and Sapporo, Hokkaido. Lived in Otaru a year. Hokkaido rocks! From my understanding, those from Scotland, New Zealand, and the Pacific Northwest (usa & canada) are most comfortable. The landscape is beautiful, and the skiing (& boarding) kicks ass! Hey, I'm going back!

Anyone from Scotland? I know a sweet spot opening up in Yoichi - a good friend's headed back to UK to get his teaching credentials. They have a tight sister relationship with Scotland - and I'm jealous!

Cornelius
May 24th, 2004, 02:49
i put hokkaido as my first preference, just wondering has anyone else taken what I am now fearing may have been insane choice?

From what I can remember, I put Hokkaido down as my first choice as well.

hkmercredi
May 24th, 2004, 11:52
Hokkaido was my first choice as well (sorry to break the British trend), and I was placed quite close by in Aomori. I'm wondering, though, if anyone got into Hokkaido?

Paper
May 24th, 2004, 18:17
There isn't as many spots available this year in Hokkaido as others. If I recall, 71% of JETs recontracted in this prefecture.. which is quite high.

Dulcinea
May 28th, 2004, 07:08
I requested Hokkaido and got it. I got Atsuma-cho. Anyone know anything about it?

Paper
May 28th, 2004, 12:39
I requested Hokkaido and got it. I got Atsuma-cho. Anyone know anything about it?

Check the other thread :) Also, check your private messages, I sent you your predecessor's e-mail in case you haven't got it yet.

Jay
June 8th, 2004, 12:06
I requested Hokkaido but got Aomori which was my third choice. Hokkaido has central heating.

the_truth
July 9th, 2004, 17:47
I dont think many jet places have central heating, most just have a stove.