PDA

View Full Version : Clair Course on smart.fm

Virus FM
February 22nd, 2010, 12:43
I'm putting up a bunch of words from the course on smart.fm. I'm doing advanced now, but considering throwing up intermediate as well.

I've added the words from the hatsuon sections, the kaiwa shinshutsu (sp?) tango section, and the grammar points, as well as the words from the renshuu shinshutsu tango section. All definitions are taken from Jim Breen, unless the definitions found on Jim Breen and the definitions in the book are so different as to suspect either source, in which case I consulted kanji sonomama for a tiebreaker.

For full notes, see the first goals I made:
JET Program Advanced Book 1 Week 1 Day 4 (Meanings)
JET Program Advanced Book 1 Week 1 Day 4 (Readings)

Goals are split up by Book/Week/Day and then either meanings or readings. I have the first 2 days of Book 5 up now, I'll add one each day, while also trying to put up all the earlier books. If you see any mistakes, let me know.

Virus FM
March 1st, 2010, 09:51
After using it for a week, I can safely conclude smart.fm is a flaming pile of shit and I refuse to continue.

I'm sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, but the amount of bugs that I encounter in a single quiz are too much to stand.

cm2jr4
March 1st, 2010, 10:42
Make an Anki deck and distribute that way. Some people may even help in the creation period so it goes a lot faster.

Virus FM
March 1st, 2010, 10:44
I'l look into it for sure. Someone was telling me you can even import all the cards from smart.fm over to Anki.

cm2jr4
March 2nd, 2010, 15:52
Yeah, I think it is called scanki. If you need help putting the intermmediate stuff in, I can give a hand. I would also like to get my hands on the advanced stuff sooner then waiting till the next course starts.

HareBlare
March 4th, 2010, 05:58
But but but, I think smart.fm is really good.

I've tried Anki and a few other things. Smart.fm may be buggy, but its a great way of learning. So there.

vertigo_stick
March 4th, 2010, 09:26
But but but, I think smart.fm is really good.

I've tried Anki and a few other things. Smart.fm may be buggy, but its a great way of learning. So there.

I tried smart.fm, but I didn't like the way the quizzes were set up honestly.

But more power to you. It's all about what works for you individually. :D