PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Karaoke song suggestions...

3ngrishsensei
March 24th, 2010, 22:35
I have decided that singing along to Japanese songs while attempting to read the kana/kanji is the most excellent of study methods. Especially enhanced with alcohol.....

SO, I'm leaving this thread open for any suggestions of good Japanese songs for study/ karaoke-ing. If you post the lyrics (or a link to) it'd be super helpful.

really I just want to impress my Japanese friends with how off-key I can sing in their language....

tenderRondo
March 25th, 2010, 09:23
I like Journey`s "dont stop believing" or "open arms"

osu941
March 25th, 2010, 12:17
Do karaoke machines in Japan have the Japanese version of the Duck Tales theme? Because, if so, I would sing that every time.

Taurus
March 26th, 2010, 09:06
Chage and Aska's Say Yes always amuses my Japanese friends.

3ngrishsensei
March 26th, 2010, 09:18
Thank you Taurus, I will check them out...and osu, I have no idea. sorry.

violetessence
March 29th, 2010, 09:35
I like Butterfly by Kimura Kaela, and Tegami ~haikei juugo no kimi e~ by Angela Aki, but that's just me. Also, if you want easy ones, kid's songs have furigana over everything, so Miyazaki songs are simple.

DMF
March 29th, 2010, 09:54
For me its Kiseki by Greeeen or Haruka Kanata by Asian Kung Foo Generations.
Kiseki has a hard speed-reading sections but the rest is nice and simple.

tenderRondo
March 29th, 2010, 10:10
MC Hammer : u cant touch this

keekers
April 8th, 2010, 09:18
My juuhachiban is "Linda Linda" by the Blue Hearts. It is very easy because it is repetitive, and the kanji are simple to read. All Japanese people know this song, and you can replace the "Linda Linda" in the chorus with "nonde nonde" and it will make you super popular.

Ercasse
April 8th, 2010, 23:01
My juuhachiban is "Linda Linda" by the Blue Hearts. It is very easy because it is repetitive, and the kanji are simple to read. All Japanese people know this song, and you can replace the "Linda Linda" in the chorus with "nonde nonde" and it will make you super popular.

+1

Another super easy one to learn is Sakamoto Kyu's "Ue o muite arukou" or "sukiyaki" as its known in the west. It's repetitive, catchy and the lyrics are pretty simple, plus its also fun to sing with a group be they Japanese or not.

This might sound kind of obvious but if you have Japanese songs that you like, you should try and sing those too even if you think they might be a little tough. I mean you already know the tune and what the words sound like (even if you don't know their meaning) so if you run into trouble you can kind of fudge it.

ff663
May 16th, 2010, 00:23
I like "アナタMAGIC" by MONOBRIGHT.

lyrics: アナタMAGIC 歌詞♪ - 〜Northside〜 - Yahoo!ブログ (http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kaba527/12931055.html)

SarahJ27
May 16th, 2010, 15:50
I love doing that song :D
They also have a song called Train Train that's a fun one to do.

Actually, a lot of Blue Hearts songs are fun and pretty easy to sing along to.

Saitao
May 17th, 2010, 14:12
I like singing songs from Yajima Biyoushitsu '矢島美容室' The Japanese is always really easy, since the group is suppose to be from America with limited Japanese skills. And since some of the songs are about foreigners coming over to Japan and enjoying the culture it always seems to impress the people I'm with.

Miss_igirisu
May 19th, 2010, 10:24
I did the exact same thread like 3 months ago.

Tarquin
May 19th, 2010, 11:45
and?

-Greeeen,
-Funky Monkey Babies
-Bump of Chicken.
-Kobukuro
-Okinawan Songs.

3ngrishsensei
May 19th, 2010, 14:59
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! and....

I did the exact same thread like 3 months ago.

can you send me the link? I'd also love to see what people put there, too. Sorry I didn't find it with the search function. crappy search function hates me.

Miss_igirisu
May 19th, 2010, 16:43
I just checked "threads started by Miss Igirisu" and the thread was nowhere to be found. Must have been deleted for some reason. Your search skills seem to be fine, you may continue :p

tenderRondo
May 19th, 2010, 18:49
i also like to sing "its raining men"

Putaro
May 20th, 2010, 22:31
If you are learning Japanese I'd start with ballad types and avoid songs with rapping.

Kobukuro - Akai Ito, Tsubomi, Koko ni Shika Sakanai Hana, Stay
Kobukuro have so many great tunes.

Ayaka - Mikatsuki, I Believe

I forget who sings this... but Hanamizuki is a crowd-pleaser. And if you should definitely learn 'Shimanchu nu Takara' by The Boom (? I forget) cos your teachers love it and it's easy to sing.

Taurus
May 20th, 2010, 22:36
Another one with simple Japanese, and my current favourite, is Haru Ichiban, by Candies.

tenderRondo
May 21st, 2010, 08:04
The Clash`s version of "police and thieves"

heyjoeo
May 25th, 2010, 04:44
Here's a few that will garner a good response:
SMAP - Sekai ni hitsotsu dake no hana
Yamada (there are two dudes so it's good for duets) - Seishun Amigo
Urufuruzu - Ashita ga aru sa, Banzai, Kimi wo suki de yokatta
MONGOL800 - Chisana Koi na Uta
Hirai Ken - Pop Star
Fukuyama Masaharu - Heaven
Radwimps - Yuushinron, Futarigoto, Order Made (first two have fast parts, third is really accessible)
Bump of Chicken - Sharin no uta, Sailing Day
The Blue Hearts - Rinda Rinda (already said, but a win)

Some good ballads (that you should have a good voice to sing)
Hirai Ken - Hitomi wo Tojite
Fukuyama Masaharu - Squall

If you're a girl:
Koda Kumi - Cutie Honey
Otsuka Ai - Sakuranbo (seriously lolz on this one)

That should get any budding Karaoke singer a good start! Sorry most of them are songs for guys; there are the songs that I sing =p

heyjoeo
May 25th, 2010, 04:45
Oh yeah! L'arc en Ciel - Stay Away and Driver's High are also quality.

Ercasse
May 25th, 2010, 06:14
Even though I love Bump of Chicken I would actually recommend you stay away from singing them in karaoke if you are still just learning Japanese. Their songs are good but stupidly hard to sing if you a) can't read fast or b) don't have the lyrics memorised. Both Sharin no uta and Sailing Day are fun songs, but also fast and complicated. If you really want to sing Bump stick with Snow Smile from the same album or maybe hitorigoto.

Even though it might be kind of lame...anything by Arashi is really easy to sing!

heyjoeo
May 25th, 2010, 06:43
Agreed. But you should aim high with the Bump songs!

I forgot the most important song ever btw. Cha-la-Head-Cha-La the Dragonball Z song. AMAZING.

tenderRondo
May 25th, 2010, 10:47
anything by the mammas and the papas

miyuki_chan
May 26th, 2010, 13:17
I forget who sings this... but Hanamizuki is a crowd-pleaser. And if you should definitely learn 'Shimanchu nu Takara' by The Boom (? I forget) cos your teachers love it and it's easy to sing.

Hanamizuki is sung by Hitoto Yo
(Random but there will be a movie that is based on this song)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could always sing ARASHI music.

They are like the IT group right now. HAHAHA. I have so many students both male and female who like them.

There's a song called ''YELL'' by Ikimonogakari. This was the theme song for Jr. High School Chorus Competition last year.

tenderRondo
May 27th, 2010, 08:10
Sam and Dave`s "Hold On, Im Coming"

FamilyMart
June 2nd, 2010, 04:30
the four tops - i can't help myself

Tokyo_Genevieve
July 18th, 2010, 11:14
I recommend Shissou by Last Alliance ^^ I always found it relatively easy to sing along to on Japanese karaoke. However, if you're really looking to impress, I'd recommend memorizing the song beforehand and not telling anyone ;D

ChouToshio
August 16th, 2010, 16:00
I recommend Shissou by Last Alliance ^^ I always found it relatively easy to sing along to on Japanese karaoke. However, if you're really looking to impress, I'd recommend memorizing the song beforehand and not telling anyone ;D

You are my new best friend. lol Haruhiiiii!!!!!!!

粉雪 kona yuki (powdered snow) by remioremoren is a favorite of mine (and many japanese people). Always gets a great reaction from Japanese friends.

I like to sing "Endless Story" by Yuna Ito, one of the theme songs from Nana. There are actually a lot of English lyrics, and if you speak both languages you can tell that the English and Japanese lyrics fit together to actually make grammatical and logical sense! Show off both your English skills and Japanese skills combined to get the crowd really awed-- the singer, Yuna Ito, actually grew up in Hawaii so she speaks American English perfectly from what I undrestand.

If you got a crowd that appreciates Anime, "Go!!!" from Naruto will always get the whole room screaming.

If you are really brave, try singing "Chi Chi wo Moge" . . . yeah, I'll let you look that one up on your own.

Sukiyaki, or "Ue wo Muiteyo" is always a pleaser. If you really want a tongue-twisting Challenge, try "Mezase Pokemon Masutaa" (Aim to be a Pokemon Master) on the highest speed setting . . . my friends and I love that.

On a final note, if I have to listen to "Bad Romance" one more time, gagagagakeke . . . *head shot*

tenderRondo
August 16th, 2010, 18:41
Pants on the ground: General Larry Platt

wnzszi
September 20th, 2010, 11:10
Mr. Children - Crossroads
Da Bubblegum Brothers - Won't Be Long
Zoo - Choo Choo Train

tenderRondo
September 21st, 2010, 13:34
The Super Bowl Shuffle : 1985 Chicago Bears

ten_of_spades
September 22nd, 2010, 00:04
Haisai Ojisan. Dirty Okinawan drinking song!

summergirl
September 24th, 2010, 19:42
Exile 's songs..

tenderRondo
September 27th, 2010, 10:42
Eddie Rabbit: I love a rainy night

Tarquin
October 4th, 2010, 13:43
Haisai Ojisan. Dirty Okinawan drinking song!

Yes.
It's also an utter bastard to sing.

ten_of_spades
October 4th, 2010, 22:06
Yes.
It's also an utter bastard to sing.

Look up the Richard Thompson version on Youtube. He sings it slow enough so that it's understandable, and in a not-retarded key.