PDA

View Full Version : Departure Dates

nitrate
May 19th, 2004, 20:26
Hello all

Just a quick question: I think I remember seeing an email or some info somewhere that linked departure groups with destinations! Am I making this up, or is this info out there?

Basically to put it simply: does anyone know if Okinawa is in Group A or Group B?

Ta

Amul

mistress_pooky
May 19th, 2004, 22:32
i think the departure date is based on your consulate. for example, I'm coming out of the Chicago consulate and will be leaving from Chicago, so I'm in group A.

othius
May 19th, 2004, 22:53
Yep, departure date is based on consulate through which you applied.

cheers.

Dave
May 19th, 2004, 23:10
Is that really the case vis a vis Edinburgh/London?
I got interviewed in Edinburgh but opted to fly out from London...so I assume I'll go to the London pre-departure thing?
Also I thought the Edinburgh/London Jets were mixed (ie some group A, some group B)?
I'm all confused! :?:

Chiara
May 19th, 2004, 23:11
London and Edinburgh are listed in both groups though, which is why we're none the wiser as to when we'll be going.

Annoying, as I want to know when I need to hand my notice in at work!

zkac054
May 19th, 2004, 23:15
With UK I think they break it down to London and Edinburgh. So if you applied for London you'll be group A, whereas Edinburgh will be group B. Then again I could be wrong.

Dave
May 20th, 2004, 00:27
GROUP A / GROUP B

Please note that candidates cannot choose whether they are to depart in Group A or Group B. This is decided by Tokyo Head Office according to your location in Japan. Information about which group you have been assigned to will be out in May after placement has been confirmed.

That's from the JET (UK) website

Hope this helps, Dave :)

jusam13
May 20th, 2004, 06:37
Man, they really torture you UK JETs. The US folks have all known which day we would leave since we were shortlisted. Essentially, we chose our departure date when we submitted an application, since they told us which consulates were in which group and which group would leave first. Don't mean to rub it in. This is just a big waiting game.

Alex
May 20th, 2004, 19:00
I agree! All us UKers get the worst deal!

Apart from the leaving date torture treatment, I am reading over in BD that US consulates have now started emailing everyone with their placement details - and we're still waiting for Royal Mail to shove our placement details through the letterbox (for the dog to rip apart).

I don't think I can stand this much longer.... :cry:

Shotokai
May 20th, 2004, 19:22
I agree, the torture of not knowing, i want to see what i'll be living in and where...

Apparently we'll know by the end of the week, i.e. tomorrow but i doubt it.
roll on even more uncertainty.
shoto

mchriste
May 20th, 2004, 22:28
I applied at the Atlanta consulate and we haven't heard anything, so UKers aren't the only ones in the shadows. Its even worse here because other cities are finding out but youknow you won't because your consulate is a bit slower than the others.

Muffskkg
May 26th, 2004, 08:13
I applied at the Atlanta consulate and we haven't heard anything, so UKers aren't the only ones in the shadows. Its even worse here because other cities are finding out but youknow you won't because your consulate is a bit slower than the others.

I would have felt more sympathy if you hadn't gotten your placement the day after you wrote this :)

Still waiting here in Chi-town, but it should be some time this week (fingers crossed)