PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Winbe

neruson
April 14th, 2010, 20:35
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this language school or has heard good/bad things about it. I read some of their conditions on an ad they have posted and it seems fairly decent in comparison with some other eikaiwa. Just thought I'd ask because this school doesn't seem to pop up much in non-JET alternatives discussions.

Cheers!

Lani
April 16th, 2010, 10:44
I'd never heard of them until you posted that so I looked them up and found mostly bad things.

This guy was asking about them on yahoo answers:
Yahoo! Canada Answers - Has anyone out there worked for WinBe English schools in Japan? If so, how was/is it? (http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090519020114AAWUwLr)

I'd suggest having a look at Dave's ESL Cafe or Gaijin Pot as both list jobs in Japan and have similar forums to this dedicated to non-JET work. It's also a lot more active than this part of ITIL.

Crab
April 16th, 2010, 15:56
I think the fact that no-one here has heard of them should set off alarm bells mate.

Shirokuma
April 20th, 2010, 12:56
Winbe is actually pretty big. In Tohoku

I interviewed with them. However at that time they had changed from being a Eikaiwa to being a kids place. That was about 6 years ago.

Head office was out near Disney in Chiba. Long haul out for an interview.

Gusuke
April 20th, 2010, 15:13

I interviewed with them. However at that time they had changed from being a Eikaiwa to being a kids place. That was about 6 years ago.

wtf does this have to do with the question of the OP?

Shirokuma
April 20th, 2010, 18:00
wtf does this have to do with the question of the OP?

He asked about Winbe, if he wants more info he can message me.

neruson
April 21st, 2010, 12:45
I'd never heard of them until you posted that so I looked them up and found mostly bad things.

This guy was asking about them on yahoo answers:
Yahoo! Canada Answers - Has anyone out there worked for WinBe English schools in Japan? If so, how was/is it? (http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090519020114AAWUwLr)

I'd suggest having a look at Dave's ESL Cafe or Gaijin Pot as both list jobs in Japan and have similar forums to this dedicated to non-JET work. It's also a lot more active than this part of ITIL.

Yeah, I have been searching those forums for info but haven't really found too much in regards to this school. The lack of info leads me to wonder if that means the school hasn't had such a bad reputation or if it means the school is just not worth a mention. :confused:

Having interviewed with them, how was the interview process? Did they mention anything regarding contract terms, job conditions?

He asked about Winbe, if he wants more info he can message me.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

adahy
April 28th, 2010, 08:56
I got a job at winbe and I am flying out next week. I will let you know how it goes. I was like you once. I scoured the internets for any relevant information but came up empty. Yeah I saw a few bad reviews but that was about it so I figured I would check it out for myself. I found Carla and Eugene's blog a couple weeks ago and I have talked to Carla a few times. They are loving it there and very happy. Check them out at Eugene and Carla Do Japan (http://www.wedojapan.com/)

But yeah, I will keep you updated.

neruson
April 28th, 2010, 09:09
Well, I was recently upgraded to the shortlist on JET so my search for other options has fortunately stopped. However, any information would still be appreciated for those who are still looking for alternative teaching jobs in Japan and have been wondering about this school.

Thanks.