PDA

View Full Version : Mailing a snowboard

Gusuke
June 28th, 2010, 15:42
Rather than paying an extra 18,000 yen for a third piece of baggage I would like to mail my snowboard and gear home instead.

Does anyone know how feasible it is?

tenderRondo
June 28th, 2010, 17:10
An alt was looking into it up here, but he decided it was way too much hassle and it was also very expensive. You may be better off trying to find someone to sell it to, and then getting some new gear back home.

Gusuke
June 28th, 2010, 19:34
That's what I'm afraid of; My school tomorrow is right across the road from a post office, so I'm going to ask for their rates.

Otherwise I'll either sell it or give it away.

FamilyMart
June 29th, 2010, 05:37
some airlines let you take sporting equipment on board and stuff for free. i think korean airlines was doing that for sometime.... maybe you want to check with whichever airline you are taking home?

otherwise, craigslist it? or maybe you're successor would be interested?

Gusuke
June 29th, 2010, 07:54
some airlines let you take sporting equipment on board and stuff for free. i think korean airlines was doing that for sometime.... maybe you want to check with whichever airline you are taking home?

otherwise, craigslist it? or maybe you're successor would be interested?

I already checked with the airline I'm using (United); they want 18,000 yen to have it count as a third piece of luggage. :(

I unfortunately don't have a successor, which really blows.

Hikari
June 29th, 2010, 15:52
Should have been a skier....

...are you in an area with good slopes nearby? In which case advertise on the facebook group/etc of your prefecture. You may not have a successor but maybe some noobies will be willing to buy from you.

Gusuke
June 30th, 2010, 08:22
Should have been a skier....

...are you in an area with good slopes nearby? In which case advertise on the facebook group/etc of your prefecture. You may not have a successor but maybe some noobies will be willing to buy from you.

It would of been the same no matter what

No dice with that post office, going to ask at another one.

FamilyMart
June 30th, 2010, 14:18
dang, sounds like you got the shaft with that no pred thing :(

maybe give it away to one of your kids? or do you have a ajet thing in your area? maybe you can post a classified ad for the incoming newbies on their website...?

or maybe you can boat it over? that HAS to be cheaper than air mail....

Crab
June 30th, 2010, 15:18
You should put all your belongings in a big backpack, go to a really really tall mountain, strap your shoes onto your board and then make a loud noise.

Snowboarding home would be badass.

Hikari
June 30th, 2010, 16:17
You should put all your belongings in a big backpack, go to a really really tall mountain, strap your shoes onto your board and then make a loud noise.

Snowboarding home would be badass.

He's onto something. Turn it into a surfboard and swim home!