PDA

View Full Version : GMAT

ohheythere
July 8th, 2010, 10:25
Anyone with experience taking it here? Would love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm taking it in two weeks.

UPGRAYEDD
July 8th, 2010, 10:31
I took it in Osaka. Hope you studied for it. Also bring ear plugs because 4 other dudes typing away on computers in a tiny room is annoying.

Neb
July 8th, 2010, 10:31
Describe your experience sir.

ohheythere
July 8th, 2010, 13:05
Good call - I've been studying and feel pretty comfortable with the material, even downloaded the adaptive testing software fom the fine folks at the Graduate Management Admission Council. I am worried about the jet lag and the computer testing environment - are earplugs cool? I'm taking it in jersey.

Gusuke
July 8th, 2010, 13:05
It was aight; I'm going to need to retake it since I can't study for shit here!

UPGRAYEDD
July 8th, 2010, 13:41
I went to Osaka and took the test in a tiny room with five computers. There were four other dudes and one really didn't take a shower so that plus the noise of typing ruined my concentration. I bombed my test pretty bad. So next time I would take in ear plugs, they are allowed.

Make sure to study. If you don't study hard, and by hard I mean doing every problem in the official guide multiple times, you won't get a high score...

I have 8 hour days of nothing to do during summer break so I'll be studying again for the GMAT then and take it for the second time around September.

ohheythere
July 8th, 2010, 14:58
Do you see your score (minus the writing section, obviously) as soon as you complete the test?

Gusuke
July 8th, 2010, 15:56
I went to Osaka and took the test in a tiny room with five computers. There were four other dudes and one really didn't take a shower so that plus the noise of typing ruined my concentration. I bombed my test pretty bad. So next time I would take in ear plugs, they are allowed.

Make sure to study. If you don't study hard, and by hard I mean doing every problem in the official guide multiple times, you won't get a high score...

I have 8 hour days of nothing to do during summer break so I'll be studying again for the GMAT then and take it for the second time around September.

I'm going to be doing this when I get home (Like that guy did from your story), while I job hunt. My time table is to take it in November.

Do you see your score (minus the writing section, obviously) as soon as you complete the test?

Yup

ohheythere
July 9th, 2010, 11:54
I dreamt about the damn thing last night. FOr some reason, I wrote 'Go fuck yourself' under one of the questions on the computer screen, and the computer gave me -10 points for 'being an asshole'. Why I did either baffles me.

Ellery
March 4th, 2011, 16:11
Hi,..
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT, pronounced G-mat, [dʒiː.mæt]) is a Computer-Adaptive standardized test in mathematics and the English language for measuring aptitude to succeed academically in graduate business studies.
regards,..

UPGRAYEDD
March 6th, 2011, 19:19
LOL bots are weird.

BTW I got a pretty good score on my 2nd GMAT and got a 75% scholarship to the Japan-focused MBA at Hawaii. If anyone in the future finds this thread and wants to ask questions bout the GMAT or biz school, shoot me a pm.

Page
March 6th, 2011, 22:53
You going to UHM? Just finished my masters there.

UPGRAYEDD
March 6th, 2011, 23:06
yea

nHx
March 22nd, 2011, 13:40
Hey, I'm doing JET for my third and final year, and then I was actually looking into this program as well. After the JLPT N2 in July, I'm planning to start studying for the GMAT.

How much is it gonna cost? How much did you receive in scholarships? Also, what did you make on your GMAT?

UPGRAYEDD
March 25th, 2011, 22:59
Hey, I'm doing JET for my third and final year, and then I was actually looking into this program as well. After the JLPT N2 in July, I'm planning to start studying for the GMAT.

How much is it gonna cost? How much did you receive in scholarships? Also, what did you make on your GMAT?

Tuition & Fees (http://shidler.hawaii.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=248)

Costs - $40,513
My Scholarship - $35,000
GMAT - I got a 660