PDA

View Full Version : Renuing Working Holiday Visa?

Tokyo_Genevieve
July 17th, 2010, 11:40
Hi, I'm going to working as an au pair in Tokyo from August to January and am doing so on the Working Holiday Visa program. I was wondering if anyone else had go through the process a renuing a via such as this for the second six month period and could offer any advice on how to go about it. I can successfully received my first visa, but intructions on how to renue it on the website for the Japanese embassy seem very vague. Any tips?

Much appreciated.

mteacher80
July 18th, 2010, 16:29
what?

Azrael
July 18th, 2010, 19:43
working holiday visas are very strict. if you want to stay longer get a work visa. if you havent got a degree become an "entertainer".

Tokyo_Genevieve
July 19th, 2010, 01:49
I already have a job working as a nanny and if I need more income I can easily get a job as an English tutor. It's the entire process of reapplying for the second six months that's confusing me.

Neb
July 21st, 2010, 08:27
You must be a Quebecker, your English is riddled with mistakes. Oh and, googling for an answer wouldve probably been faster for you.

"Citizens of Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom can stay in Japan for 12 months. Citizens of Australia can stay for 18 months. Citizens of Canada, and New Zealand have to extend their visas after 6 months, and citizens of Australia have to extend their visas twice- once after 6 months and again after 12 months. To extend your Working Holiday Visa you will need to visit an immigration office with your passport and alien registration card and pay an extension fee of 4000 yen."

Tokyo_Genevieve
July 22nd, 2010, 07:01
You must be a Quebecker, your English is riddled with mistakes. Oh and, googling for an answer wouldve probably been faster for you.

"Citizens of Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom can stay in Japan for 12 months. Citizens of Australia can stay for 18 months. Citizens of Canada, and New Zealand have to extend their visas after 6 months, and citizens of Australia have to extend their visas twice- once after 6 months and again after 12 months. To extend your Working Holiday Visa you will need to visit an immigration office with your passport and alien registration card and pay an extension fee of 4000 yen."

Well, there's the last push I needed to quit this website. I find the majority of users here rather rude an unwilling to help others. I am, in fact, from Ontario, and would have appreciated what you had to say had you not been so abrasive. Then again, you didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Please don't criticize the English of others while making grammatical mistakes yourself. It's rather hypocritical

Neb
July 22nd, 2010, 08:21
Mission accomplished http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/Trame1/emoticons/emot-smug.gif My mistakes are trivial compared to the ones you've made. This is the internet after all, some leeway is necessary, but you went above and beyond that.

Tarquin
July 22nd, 2010, 12:43
Then again, you didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know

Well seeing that all you have to do is go to the immigration office, fill in the form for a visa extension and pay 4000 yen there isn't much else to tell you really, if you knew that already surely that's enough information you require? You'll go to the office, they will have a lot of forms, one will say in English "VISA EXTENSION" or something like that, and you fill it in.

You must understand that 99% of users on this website do not have Working Holiday visas and thus would not have gone through the procedures so we can't give you a step by step walkthrough you can print out and follow.

Just go to the office like the website said and if you get stuck just ask someone.