PDA

View Full Version : Interac Phone Interview

Starbuck83
August 11th, 2010, 22:11
I have a phone interview with Interac soon and I wanted to know if anyone has some tips or can tell me what to expect.

Shankerbelle
August 11th, 2010, 23:57
There are a couple of posts regarding this, granted they're all scattered throughout the threads...

My Interac telephone interview came about a week after I sent of my application. A lady called me from a mobile number so I was a little thrown off.

She basically asked:
Why Japan
If the March departure date was okay
Do you have teaching experience
Random Q's about my uni
Random Q's about my over seas experience
What I would teach / how I would teach - Specifically how i would deal with HS / ES students
Had I been to Japan
What hobbies do I have
Do I have any teaching qualifications.
etc.

It was all very informal, she was friendly with a sense of humor and answered any questions I had.

I obviously applied in the UK, so I'm gonna guess things may be different for you being in the states.

These pages may be useful too:
http://www.ithinkimlost.com/non-jet-career-education/13057-quick-interac-question.html
http://www.ithinkimlost.com/non-jet-career-education/15171-interac-august-intake-2010-a.html
http://www.ithinkimlost.com/non-jet-career-education/14967-interac-self-introduction.html
I'm sure sure there is more but, meh...

Starbuck83
August 12th, 2010, 06:47
That was really helpful. At least I have somewhat of an idea what to expect. Yeah I had searched the boards but only found pieces of info here and there. Thanks a bunch!

Shankerbelle
August 12th, 2010, 08:25
I'm glad that helped!

Good luck!

Azrael
August 12th, 2010, 08:28
did you turn down the interac offer?

Shankerbelle
August 12th, 2010, 18:58
I did. I got an interview with JET and was in the March departure group with Interac. Because I had interviewed in October, I was told I couldnt opt for August departure with them.
Obviously I would rather have gone with JET, so i declined the offer, but then was made an alternate lol.

That's Sod's law for you.

vegetablevn
August 14th, 2010, 17:03
I did. I got an interview with JET and was in the March departure group with Interac. Because I had interviewed in October, I was told I couldnt opt for August departure with them.
Obviously I would rather have gone with JET, so i declined the offer, but then was made an alternate lol.

That's Sod's law for you.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Phone interview questions (http://phoneinterviewquestions.info/)

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Starbuck83
August 17th, 2010, 19:40
I had my phone interview yesterday and it went well. Thanks for the heads up, it definitely helped me prepare some answers. They mostly asked the stuff that you listed. They asked me some random questions about driving in Japan and if my driving record was ok. They also asked several times if I would be ok with a rural placement.

Sirrus
August 17th, 2010, 23:52
I had a phone interview last week and they pretty much asked me what has already been stated. Am I ok with driving? Being placed in a rural setting. My experience with kids and teaching, etc.

Edit: I did get a response back but they weren't interested in interviewing me though.

Shankerbelle
August 18th, 2010, 19:14
Sorry to hear that Sirrus. Are you planning to apply for the JET programme again this year? From your previous posts, it seems as though you know what you were lacking on your first application, thus being able to improve on it this time around.

Good luck in which ever you decide.

Sirrus
August 23rd, 2010, 23:46
Sorry to hear that Sirrus. Are you planning to apply for the JET programme again this year? From your previous posts, it seems as though you know what you were lacking on your first application, thus being able to improve on it this time around.

Good luck in which ever you decide.

I'm planning to unless an other opportunity comes along the way and thank you.