PDA

View Full Version : JETs and ALTs problem in japan

summergirl
September 24th, 2010, 20:13
have you encountered any problem working as an Alt or Jets in Japan?Wanna share it to us?Thanks

Variable Rush
September 27th, 2010, 10:39
Yes. I've not been hired yet. That's my main problem.

Jojo
September 27th, 2010, 13:17
have you encountered any problem working as an Alt or Jets in Japan?Wanna share it to us?Thanks
Would you like to hear about 高校、中学校 or 小学校 ?

mothy
September 28th, 2010, 14:52

Wow, you know kanji. You must be so smart.

Jojo
September 29th, 2010, 10:35
golf clap

dirtbag
September 29th, 2010, 15:23
the majority of threads on this site consist of people complaining about being ALTs. just read through a few pages of minor rants.

summergirl
October 2nd, 2010, 16:36

なんでもいいです。。

phoenix101
October 6th, 2010, 15:43
天才 ですね

word
October 6th, 2010, 16:03
summergirl is Japanese. :P Focus, people! Anyone actually care to address the question at hand?

Jojo
October 6th, 2010, 18:26
Considering neither the teachers nor the ALTS have any real training about how to work together I'm surprised anything constructive occurs at all.

Waldroon
October 7th, 2010, 15:19
The minor rants thread is full of hilarious non-issues that people spin up into bigger problems than they are. Start there.

phoenix101
October 8th, 2010, 15:11
I suppose that's just human nature, seeing a hill and making it into a mountain.

As far as off-topic is concerned, there are a lot of threads concerning issues with the whole ALT/Teaching industry in Japan and I have seen a few on issues with the ALT's themselves.

Also, not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but google does give you quite a few interesting sites to read about the topic.

Oh yes, Summergirl, 穂運とにごめんね。

patjs
October 9th, 2010, 10:21
Oh yes, Summergirl, 穂運とにごめんね。

fail.

Neb
October 12th, 2010, 09:01
That was no doubt on purpose.

BakuHatsu
November 22nd, 2010, 06:49
This thread's been dead for a while...but since it was never really answered I kind of feel sorry for the person who posted it....

Most of the complaints I've heard about being an ALT have absolutely no backing to them whatsoever. It's just a bunch of baka-gaijin who don't know better.
Most people complain about the salary - but news for them - the salary ALTS get is the SAME as what you'd get working at an actual business company in Japan. Japanese "business" companies also do not pay for your plane ticket over, like ALT companies they do generally compensate for travel expenses. With ALT companies you get longer vacations meaning more travel time to go see giant gundams, eat momoji manju, or stalk yakuza (all of which I have done).
Other complaints are about the insurance - basically...no matter who you work for in japan....it's best to NOT get sick if you can help it. I paid about 2,000yen insurance every month and never had to use it. Having insurance means most of your bill - should you need to go to the doctor - will be compensated. However, meds etc there are all different. The one time I had to go to a doctor there was during my internship (when I had no insurance) The doctor couldn't find out what was wrong, gave me 3 different meds - 1 for headaches, 1 for nausea, and another for who knows what. - basically, don't get unknown illnesses there.....

Watch out for kids (mainly elementary schoolers) trying to kancho you in the halls.

Tyr
November 22nd, 2010, 07:26
People complain about the salary?
For a recent graduate the salary on offer is pretty awesome.

Muffles
November 22nd, 2010, 07:34
There's just soooo much they want to buy.

Azrael
November 22nd, 2010, 10:54
People complain about the salary?
For a recent graduate the salary on offer is pretty awesome.

its sad that you think that.

The salary is pretty poor, but seeing as you only work for a few hours a day and have an obscene about of spare time/holidays its hard to complain

BakuHatsu
November 22nd, 2010, 16:20
Technically, if I was to stay and work in America I should be getting no less than 60 a year.... But the 25 is completely normal in Japan. Of course, anyone and everyone in the world would prefer a higher salary, but people who go to Japan on JET or through an actual company should know what they're getting themselves into and should stop complaining about the salary being below their standards. Especially since being and ALT is a pretty good deal (though should def. not be a long-term career goal). It's def. one of the easiest ways to get to Japan (and other counties for that matter)

Azrael
November 22nd, 2010, 16:29
but people in japan get bi-annual bonuses and pay rises/promotions.

patjs
November 22nd, 2010, 16:44
It's just a bunch of baka-gaijin who don't know better.

If you hadn't said this I might have tried to take your post a little more seriously.

mothy
November 23rd, 2010, 01:33
Agreed. After he said that I [couldn't take the rest of his post seriously. In fact, I don't think highly of him at all].

BakuHatsu
November 23rd, 2010, 11:05
Wow, since when has the use of the term baka-gaijin been a basis for using such foul language and discriminating against a post? そしてね,日本ではその言い方はそんなに珍しくねぞう。In fact, I only used the term since when I told a Japanese friend that a lot of people were complaining about the salary for ALTS he responded with that.

Azrael
November 23rd, 2010, 11:26
top tip, dont try and slip japanese into the middle of posts. most people here have lived in japan long enough that they aren't impressed by that sort of immature posturing and you'll just end up getting abuse.

BakuHatsu
November 23rd, 2010, 11:50
Now, if I had actually posted something negative in Japanese, then I could understand you post. But....beings as I wrote what I wrote, I feel there are no grounds for your rude comments. I'm sorry if I offended someone in anyway.

Shankerbelle
November 23rd, 2010, 19:24
Wasn't summergirl a troll..?

And another one bites the dust.