PDA

View Full Version : What are your experiences with this company?

adrianjet
October 13th, 2010, 18:45
I've been looking at other ALT companies in Japan and I found some interesting ones. Has anyone here heard of RCS corporation? Or Global Partners? I also found a job listing on a news site for International School of English (ISE) but I have no idea how to apply for that one (their website is in Japanese only). Anyway if anyone here had worked for any of these 3 companies can you share your experiences please? I don't know anything about them so if they have good or bad reps that could help me avoid potential disasters. I am going to apply for all 3 of them so it is important. I want to find alternatives to Aeon/Interact just in case I don't make it there. As a new job applicant it is necessary for me to apply to a hundred companies or so to maximize my chances of not ending up unemployed when I graduate.

Is it also a good idea to call a Japanese company on the phone to ask them questions about the job or to confirm if they successfully received my application? I found another company (this one Japanese) that hires ALTS so I want to try that too.

whistleblower
November 1st, 2010, 16:51
RCS is a horrible, horrible dispatch ALT company. Very much on the low end in terms of pay, and many contracts will not pay your transportation, even if you have a fairly long commute. Expect your salary to decrease if you're foolish enough to stay with them for more than one year, as they constantly lowbid to keep contracts. Expect most of your co-employees to not be native English speakers. Needless to say, they won't go out of their way to help you very much if you get into trouble or have an argument with the school.

Anyone who takes a contract with RCS is only helping to lower the standards of ALT work, and there is absolutely no reason to go with them.

privileged
November 1st, 2010, 21:09
I was under the impression Interac, RCS, and one more, something like IEC were all more or less the same. When I worked for Interac they actually split the BOE with IEC, so when we went to our "weekly ALT meetings" (see "productive" in the dictionary for photo) we had to sit with one half the ALTs in one room, and one half the ALTs in the other, as these two companies' vastly different top secret strategies could not be shared with each other.

Anyway, I am not saying RCS is good, but I don't think they are much worse than Interac.

Interac is pretty awful, so this is by no means an endorsement.

patjs
November 5th, 2010, 19:04
There are enough bad stories about dispatch companies to be a little wary. Interac seems to be considered the best of the bunch. I would not have much faith in my job security with any of these companies as they seem to be able to fire you at whim if they don't like you.

I don't know that much about RCS other than that the salary is pretty low.