PDA

View Full Version : Advance Students

kalliea
November 10th, 2010, 18:23
Hey All!

I have a question about dealing with advance students. I have two classes where there is one student who is head and shoulders above the rest of the class. They always know the answer and they are really excited to answer.

I can't call on them every time - it isn't fair to the rest of the class. However, one gets kind of angry when I don't call on her constantly. Last year I had a similar student and now she doesn't seem to like English as much, and I worry it is because I didn't give her enough attention.

So....help. Please. How do you deal with advance students?

kalliea
November 11th, 2010, 18:01
That is pretty genius. Thanks RL!

NinjaPenguin
November 11th, 2010, 18:42
Definitely, definitely let them know why you can't call on them all the time. Another thing you could do, if they are willing is have them help teach the lesson. For example, say you need a dialogue partner and instead of using the JTE have them help you out.

Shankerbelle
November 11th, 2010, 20:54
Definitely, definitely let them know why you can't call on them all the time. Another thing you could do, if they are willing is have them help teach the lesson. For example, say you need a dialogue partner and instead of using the JTE have them help you out.

Isn't that just as bad as letting them answer all the questions? They are still singled out as being the best at English, and would no doubt still want to answer all the question anyway.

I agree with the explaining why you cant call on them all the time (Or at least try to explain) RomulusLupin's "special work" and offering up yout time to chat in English are pretty sound.