PDA

View Full Version : Interac application

greentea
November 18th, 2010, 09:30
Hi all!

I've been visiting this forum for a while and appreciating the great advice that everyone contributes. :) Finally decided to register and be a part of the community! I also decided to continue with my application to Interac. I haven't finished it because I was stuck on a couple of queries:

1.) For "Education", can I simply enter my most recent university info (where I'm getting my BA), or do I need to include my high school as well? I also went to a community college, but don't want to add that in because nothing much happened there-- would that seem ok?

2.) I don't have any certificates or awards. Are they required? Can I leave that section blank or put "N/A" within the slots?

I'm kinda nervous that I won't make it past the online app~ :|
Big thanks to anyone who can help!

Shankerbelle
November 18th, 2010, 21:35
I think I put my Uni info, and probably what i got for A-level. for the education section. If the community college makes up the gap between high school and university, i would include it.

You will need your degree certificate. I'm guessing you are not TEFL/CELTA certified as you'd need to provide those details too.

I don't think it is possible to fail the online app stage... :/

patjs
November 19th, 2010, 07:30
Hi all!

I've been visiting this forum for a while and appreciating the great advice that everyone contributes. :) Finally decided to register and be a part of the community! I also decided to continue with my application to Interac. I haven't finished it because I was stuck on a couple of queries:

1.) For "Education", can I simply enter my most recent university info (where I'm getting my BA), or do I need to include my high school as well? I also went to a community college, but don't want to add that in because nothing much happened there-- would that seem ok?

2.) I don't have any certificates or awards. Are they required? Can I leave that section blank or put "N/A" within the slots?

I'm kinda nervous that I won't make it past the online app~ :|
Big thanks to anyone who can help!

I just put down my college info. I don't think they care about high school.

They aren't going to disqualify you because you have no awards. I think I had that section blank and I made it to the interview stage.

BakuHatsu
November 22nd, 2010, 06:34
Certificates/awards aren't required. However, if you have a JLPT cert. that should count as well if I remember correctly....