PDA

View Full Version : Jlpt with college

brad12
November 23rd, 2010, 14:58
Can I get college credit for passing the JLPT?

jandek
November 23rd, 2010, 16:43
mmmm.... no.

Shankerbelle
November 23rd, 2010, 19:56
I agree with Jandek.

But out of curiosity, what are you studying that made you think that it would?

jandek
November 24th, 2010, 01:54
a long time ago a JLPT level 1 let you place out of taking a test to grade your japanese ability when entering into a japanese university as a foreign exchange student, but since the chinese started acing level 1 en masse sans speaking ability they dropped that shit like a bad habit.

also. if you want japanese credit for your 1337 skills, your university's department will probably let you take some sort of placement test so you can get into higher classes. i seent it happen.

patjs
November 25th, 2010, 07:32
yeah you will probably have to take a placement test. it's what I did when I studied abroad to get a semester of credit at my university. came complete with an interview and everything.

Lego
November 26th, 2010, 10:20
Will people notice the first post of a new thread or do I need to emphasize it somehow?

jandek
November 26th, 2010, 11:42
you got my attention -starcraft

but let us get back to what this thread is really about; who got starcraft 2 and is it as good as those trailers i used to watch all those years ago?

miks
December 1st, 2010, 04:57
I may be good at starcraft 2 but I can't afford the meager $50 to buy a legit copy. :(

OP, your JLPT certification can be appended to an existing degree or be a requirement or a degree in the Japanese language, but it does not count as college credit.

brad12
December 3rd, 2010, 14:20
Thanks Guys...............for u r replays......:)