PDA

View Full Version : How was the JLPT N3 in July?

Fabrune
November 24th, 2010, 02:08
I'm going to take the JLPT, level N3, this December and was wondering if anyone from ITIL has taken the N3 in July (Japan only, of course).

If anyone has, do you remember if the questions on the test were particularly challenging or tricky?

MixedNuts
December 7th, 2010, 15:45
So, Fabrune, how did N3 go this past Sunday? By the way, did you take the old 3? If you did, how did they compare? Anyone else take both old and new 3?

I was too lazy to turn in my application for the JLPT this fall. I can't decide whether to try out the N3, shoot for N2, or just say screw the whole thing.

MixedNuts
December 8th, 2010, 09:59
I see. Thanks for the feedback, RL. I took the old 3 last year, did well even though I seriously half-assed it through studying, but haven't studied at all since then. I guess I may as well shoot for N2 in July. A friend of mine though took level 2 I think at least 5 times before he passed and told me I needed to get on the study wagon asap at least 3 months in advance.

Fabrune
December 9th, 2010, 05:39
This was my first time taking the JLPT. I think that N3 was slightly above my level. The odd thing with me was that I struggled more on the first section with vocab&kanji than I did with reading and listening. The terms that I struggled with weren't even that hard, it's just that I simply didn't know them. I felt better on reading, except I ran out of time and listening was fine. My chances of passing are probably fifty-fifty.

MixedNuts
December 9th, 2010, 14:23
For me when I took it I was surprised at how much kanji I could remember just by cramming before the test. I had a very difficult time with the listening section when I did a practice test, but the actual test was way easier. I had wondered if I got a mislabeled CD that was meant for the next level up from what I took. Yeah, the vocab section was a bit tricky for me too, or the "complete the sentence based on the grammar point you see" based on the fact that I just didn't know what some of the words meant. Well the hard part's done, now you just have to wait until February for the results.