PDA

View Full Version : anyone else use smart.fm?

宇宙人侍
December 2nd, 2010, 06:25
Its great for vocab!

Kegger
December 2nd, 2010, 08:33
I do

Shankerbelle
December 2nd, 2010, 21:24
I do, i think it's meh. Mostly due to my own laziness though.

MixedNuts
December 2nd, 2010, 23:47
I've used it before to study kanji, but honestly I'm really lazy these days when it comes to studying Japanese. I sometimes have problems trying to log on because, if I am remembering the correct site, it tries to log me in via facebook and then it redirects me in circles. Then I take it as a sign that I shouldn't be wasting time studying kanji and I stop. My friend originally recommended the site to me and he used it to study for JLPT 2-kyu.

ashleytwo
December 12th, 2010, 07:54
I used it...once.

Then forgot about it.

Nak
December 20th, 2010, 00:15
I use it every week or so just for a change, the Brain Speed game is pretty cool for a refresh of verbs. The format gets a bit boring after 15mins or so but that could just be my attention span.

wnzszi
January 9th, 2011, 18:05
I used it hardcore a few months ago, but I've stopped for quite a while. I definitely need to study up on it, but if you have a decent amount of vocabulary and know how to write basic sentences, I'd suggest you supplement your studies with lang-8.

Umber
January 9th, 2011, 22:49
I used it last term to learn the kana, now I'm exploring various other sites whenever I have the time to.

Miss_igirisu
January 17th, 2011, 11:00
Lang 8 is the thing that has improved my Japanese the most out of everything. Mainly because they are so harsh haha.

It's sad, the smart.fm app doesn't seem to be available/working anymore. I think i paid for it too, they should give us money back

dirtbag
January 17th, 2011, 13:51
i didn't pay for it but i used it for about 4 or 5 months. one day it reset all of my progress so i gave up on it.

Miss_igirisu
January 17th, 2011, 14:10
Yeah it to a few months ago and when I finished a section it wouldn't save my progress. I think that's when they stopped the app. I only noticed it gone from the app store last week when I recommended it to my private studet.

Virus FM
February 5th, 2011, 21:16
smart.fm is a P.O.S.
I was uploading all of the JET course vocab on to it and stopped after about 3 weeks in because that place is just bug after bug. An admin spotted my disgruntled sayonara post and tried to tell me it was my browser, the phases of the moon, etc., but I see everyone else has problems too. Best avoided.

Virus FM
February 5th, 2011, 21:16
Double post. A user can't delete their own posts here? :roll:

Miss_igirisu
February 5th, 2011, 22:50
No, smart.fm is now a paid service. That is why the app stopped working etc. And prob why the admin wanted you to stay. They want your/our money but they're not getting them.