PDA

View Full Version : ALT Government Job in France

ushanka
January 9th, 2011, 08:15
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share this link for anyone here who is interested in France/ speaks French. I currently have a friend who is doing TAPIF (Teaching Assistant Program In France) and loves it.

There's no salary, but you get a monthly stipend and well, you get to live in France. Everyone I know from college who has done it has loved it. You can do up to 2 years in a row, from what I've heard, and can renew indefinitely. They also have a really awesome, easy application (all documents can be uploaded and sent online, unlike JET) and you don't even need a really good French proficiency to apply. All you need to be able to do is write 1-2 pages in French, and it's only used to judge your proficiency: not a test in a sense.

Here's the link:

The Teaching Assistant Program in France - French Culture (http://www.frenchculture.org/assistantshipprogram)

The app this year was due January 1st, but if any of you guys are interested in it for next year, I thought I'd put this down, cheers. : )

Edit: checked, and it's only for US citizens, lame.

Azrael
January 9th, 2011, 13:13
as fun as getting stabbed by an immigrant from the ivory coast sounds I think I'll give france a miss

Miss_igirisu
January 9th, 2011, 19:22
We can't apply anyway Az, it's only for Yanks if I remember correctly.

Jordan
January 9th, 2011, 19:31
Why would they want more British people walking around louding demanding chips?

word
January 9th, 2011, 20:23
'Cause they're still better immigrants than third-world Muslim terrorists?

Jordan
January 9th, 2011, 20:31
Debatably so. At least terrorists appreciate the French culture of activism.

ushanka
January 10th, 2011, 00:58
Why would they want more British people walking around louding demanding chips?

I never understood the France - UK dynamic outside of history class and the 2012 Olympic rivalry. But yeah, maybe they are snubbing the UK.

I wouldn't put it above the French. :lol:

Tyr
January 10th, 2011, 09:58
I wouldn't put down living in France as something you 'get' to do, that sounds more like a negative side of it :P

WesleyCrusher
January 11th, 2011, 13:25
"you get to live in France" - sounds like something a French person would say

Azrael
January 11th, 2011, 14:12
or a judge

atheistwithfaith
January 15th, 2011, 08:42
or a judge

LMAO

kalliea
January 15th, 2011, 14:09
They actually want you to speak the language of the country that you work in? Lame.

Tyr
January 16th, 2011, 07:47
They actually want you to speak the language of the country that you work in? Lame.
Its only French, half of it is just prouncing English words like Pepe Le Pew :P

Unfortunately the other half is damn hard, harder than Japanese....