PDA

View Full Version : Return flight necessary?

itsuka
January 26th, 2011, 09:56
Hi all,

I will be heading over to Japan as an ALT from Australia this April... about to book my flight, but just wondering whether I can book a one-way flight, or if I'm required to book return?
I was thinking maybe Instructor/sponsored visa requirements might require you to book a return ticket seeing that I will be sponsored for a one year contract?

Would appreciate any advice on this - I'd much prefer to keep it open and book one way.

Cheers,

Itsuka

Miss_igirisu
January 26th, 2011, 10:32
Hi and welcome.

We are all here on one way flights so I don't think it's a problem contract/visa wise but a single is usually more expensive than a return so you might want to look into getting that and dumping the return ticket.

Tarquin
January 26th, 2011, 10:43
pretty sure that if you're on a tourist or working holiday visa you'll need a return ticket, but other visa types such as instructor etc are okay with one way.

Saying that though, you might find that return tickets are a lot cheaper, so maybe see about getting a one year return ticket and if you stay just don't get on the flight / go home for a bit or something.

chuckle
January 26th, 2011, 10:46
Hi all,

I will be heading over to Japan as an ALT from Australia this April... about to book my flight, but just wondering whether I can book a one-way flight, or if I'm required to book return?
I was thinking maybe Instructor/sponsored visa requirements might require you to book a return ticket seeing that I will be sponsored for a one year contract?

Would appreciate any advice on this - I'd much prefer to keep it open and book one way.

Cheers,

Itsuka
Itsuka, can you tell me where in Japan you`ll be a JET? I think you might be near me; I think there`s supposed to be someone coming my area in April.

Tarquin
January 26th, 2011, 11:05
Since they posted in the Non JET forum one would assume that they will not be coming to Japan as a JET...

Also If they were a JET then their contracting organisation would be organising their flights etc.

chuckle
January 26th, 2011, 11:33
Oops that`s embarrasing. My bad lol. Just made a fool of myself on ITIL. Probably not the last time either. Thanks Tarqs.

Miss_igirisu
January 26th, 2011, 14:02
There's always time to make fools of ourselves here. Don't worry :-)

itsuka
January 27th, 2011, 11:06
Itsuka, can you tell me where in Japan you`ll be a JET? I think you might be near me; I think there`s supposed to be someone coming my area in April.

Yeh I'm not coming over with JET... it's another contracting company! Very excited all the same though - just waiting impatiently at the moment to find out exactly WHERE!

Thanks for your advice - I'll be going with a one way ticket to leave things flexible!