PDA

View Full Version : Student trusts toilet door more than teachers

Antonath
January 31st, 2011, 09:19
Complaints about bullying and useless teachers have been found on toilet doors (http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/8-graffiti-messages-pleading-for-help-against-bullying-found-in-shiga). The student(s) doing this apparently thinks the toilet will be more effective at stopping bullying than the teachers.

I love the fact that the BoE figured out which school it was and took decisive action: a survey! That'll stop the bullying! I think they must have taken lessons from the UN's most deadly weapon, the strongly-worded letter. And now the survey says there's been bullying, the teachers have to interview people and "continue to guide and support them". Because the previous guidance and support has obviously worked so well...

I bet the students had to put their names on the survey too. I can see it now:
"Kenji, Kumi says you've been bullying them. Is this true?"
"Of course not, sensei. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and renew my friendship with Kumi..."

Scrotty
January 31st, 2011, 10:13
ok so let me put two and two together here. we know that japanese institutions (schools in particular) will go to any length to avoid liability. in this situation where there are bullies and a victim, the bullies will be completely blameless while the school principal and vice principals will have to retire in shame.

so a student from a particular school is writing damning messages around town. the school itself is easily identified, and the principal/bossmen shit their collective pants. how do we escape blame for this?
a) stop the bullying. then the parents of the bullies will be up in our shit telling us we are discriminating against their little angels and be calling for our heads.
b) ignore it as we have been doing so far. not an option at this point, the press has cottoned on to the messages appearing around town, there will be another news story every time they find a new message.
c) silence the victim. if there's no more messages, there's no more news stories.

how do they identify the victim? take an 'anonymous' survey. of course, the surveys will be collected in numerical order up the rows of the classroom since the students are mindless robots who have been doing that all their life and won't even realize that doing so nullifies the 'anonymous' aspect.

the news article states that one of the surveys had a sentence at the bottom that might have identified the initial victim. what happens now that they know who it is? counsel the victim. which, of course, means threatening to break her kneecaps if she writes any more messages. or something to that effect.

finally, i guarantee you that the school has had every teacher it had going into public toilets about town to clean up any more messages before the press finds them.

wooooo, go go go ijime culture!

Azrael
January 31st, 2011, 10:22
soylent green is people! there is no Keyser Soze! Bruce Willis is a ghost! the visitors are lizardmen!

detective scrote uncovers another mystery

MixedNuts
January 31st, 2011, 11:32
At least one of my schools does the school survey too. They ask the student to describe any situations where they had been bullied by classmates. And yes, since they turn in papers in row order (maybe even with the student ID number on it) that seems to defeat the purpose.

bigredgoofball
February 1st, 2011, 02:15
So, have any of you, in your role as teachers, ever witnessed/overheard bullying yourselves? If so, how did you handle it? Did it work?

Azrael
February 1st, 2011, 08:41
I just bullied the bullies until their tears flowed like wine.

record suicides that year

February 1st, 2011, 08:46
when they talked about how the autistic kid had スクエーア ヘッド i laughed because his head is actually pretty much a square.

word
February 1st, 2011, 10:44
Never seen any bullying happen at my school. Or my visit school. My schools are too small. You can't afford to not be friends with everyone, especially since you've grown up with them/known them your whole lives.

I do think some of my kids have had trouble once they've left the village and gone on to high school (my village is too small to have its own HS). They don't know how to handle themselves in a school environment with that many kids.

Miss_igirisu
February 1st, 2011, 11:04
Yeah I've seen mild bullying (girls encouraging others not to be friends with one student and general "leaving out" of said student). I noticed it first, reprted it, nothing happened. I notified the school counciler who Im close with, and she took note but couldn't do much. The bullied girls mum phoned the school and there were meetings but nothing happened. The girl eventually left the baton team (where it all took place).

To be honest, the mum was making things worse. I had to go to one if the meetings with her and she was bringing up random things like the kids necktie scarf thing going missing and saying someone stole it when that wasn't the case at all. If she had just stuck with the bullying instances thatbwe know of, she would have gotten furthur i think.

I don't think the bullying if different to back home but i think it would have been dealt with differently and the bullies would have been punished in some way.

MixedNuts
February 1st, 2011, 11:53
I've seen more intense bullying at my schools. I think the homeroom teachers are the ones who handle this type of shit, but in this one case the homeroom teacher was a complete pushover and the whole class was out of control. The teachers did the nervous uncomfortable laughing thing when it happened in front of me. If anything was done about it, as I am not a real teacher, I was not made aware.

smells like feet
April 25th, 2011, 14:30
I live in a pretty small town and I caught one of my 3nens bullying the one Filipino kid in school. He was saying something like "don't ask him, he wouldn't understand because he's a stupid foreigner" when in fact the kid has lived in Japan his whole life.

I interrupted and asked him to repeat what he said and to see what the principal (whose daughter married a philipino man) would think. His homeroom teacher over-heard and thought it was hilarious.

mothy
April 25th, 2011, 14:37
Hilarious because no Japanese man would care what terrible things anyone says about Filipinos.

Miss_igirisu
April 25th, 2011, 14:39
The new Filipino alt here is married to a j-guy. Apparently she is asked if he picked her up from a club or a bar all the time and is generally thought to be a prostitute

jandek
April 25th, 2011, 15:56
The new Filipino alt here is married to a j-guy. Apparently she is asked if he picked her up from a club or a bar all the time and is generally thought to be a prostitute

Yeah, Komukai Minako really fucked things up for a lot of people.