PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Teaching Job Classifieds

wnzszi
February 3rd, 2011, 07:18
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear that a lot of you weren't accepted into JET this time around. Some of you may be choosing to wait it out until next year, and some of you may be looking for another company to go through.

Please take a look at Good Luck in Your Japan Job Search! (http://www.ohayosensei.com/currenttxt.html) for a comprehensive list of schools/organizations that are looking for ALTs. This list is updated bi-monthly, so if nothing looks good now, check back in two weeks. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

*The title is retarded. Please change it to "English Teaching Jobs in Japan Classifieds". Thanks!

Daddyatemyfries
February 3rd, 2011, 10:03
thanks!! I found two jobs on that list I'm going to try out for =)

Kettch
February 3rd, 2011, 13:44
Hmm, looks like most of these start before my graduation date. I'll try giving it another look closer to May. Hopefully there'll be some postings despite the typical Japanese hiring schedule, eh?

wnzszi
February 6th, 2011, 12:10
thanks!! I found two jobs on that list I'm going to try out for =)

No prob! Let me know how it works out for you!

Hmm, looks like most of these start before my graduation date. I'll try giving it another look closer to May. Hopefully there'll be some postings despite the typical Japanese hiring schedule, eh?

Yeah, I checked this list around last November and there were tons of companies looking for ALTs. I think a lot of the companies listed hire all year 'round. Good luck with your search!

AVN
February 6th, 2011, 15:27
Thanks, I am a current JET but this interests me greatly! Some of the jobs listed there will be great post JET. My dream is to work permenantly in a nursery school or pre-school using English and there were 3 listings! My only worry is their start times are often during the JET year...

wnzszi
February 10th, 2011, 05:52
Thanks, I am a current JET but this interests me greatly! Some of the jobs listed there will be great post JET. My dream is to work permenantly in a nursery school or pre-school using English and there were 3 listings! My only worry is their start times are often during the JET year...

Glad to hear this resource was useful for you! If I'm accepted to JET, I'm hoping to make a transition to doing television work, but it's always good to have a fallback plan. I think this list provides the best resources for teaching programs that don't sound "scammy" like the listings on Big Daikon.

Easy_money
February 10th, 2011, 10:01
Hey, have all you losers who couldn't get on JET tried this site?

ALT Jobs Japan (http://www.altdirectory.net)

Apparently they find a list of BoE direct hire jobs and post them. It's like 5000 yen to sign up. However, it might be a little sketchy.

Jojo
February 10th, 2011, 17:06
Hey, have all you losers who couldn't get on JET tried this site?

ALT Jobs Japan (http://www.altdirectory.net)

Apparently they find a list of BoE direct hire jobs and post them. It's like 5000 yen to sign up. However, it might be a little sketchy.
If you dont have any experience your unlikely to get a direct hire position....

Easy_money
February 10th, 2011, 21:10
True. Plus, if your too dumb to get on JET I think Interac and co. are the best you can hope for.

Still, might be worth a shot.