PDA

View Full Version : Random Q&A for returning jets

Miss_igirisu
February 26th, 2011, 08:51
By the way Melty, do you have any advice for leaving jets? Like shipping things back home and stuff? Which are the better companies?

I am still here, just need to send my winter stuff home ;)

melty
February 28th, 2011, 04:39
But surely I'm not after JET yet, I am still here, just need to send my winter stuff home ;)

I just sent it by normal post on the way home. It's much cheaper from Japan --> UK than the other way around!!

If you have any books that you want to send, put them all together in a box as Japan has really good, cheap rates if you are sending books/documents.

If you have piles and piles of things to bring back (including things like furniture) get in contact with the national AJET folks. They used to have special deals with some of the shipping companies that made it cheaper to send bulky things.

If you have any clothes that are still nice, but you don't want to take them home, you can always take them to second hand shops. They'll give you cash for your old clothes :)

Miss_igirisu
February 28th, 2011, 07:05
If you have any clothes that are still nice, but you don't want to take them home, you can always take them to second hand shops. They'll give you cash for your old clothes :)

Haha, I tried this recently. Despite me pointing out that it was a Topshop skirt and that they could probably get a lot of money from it and that it was in perfect condition, they wanted to give me 100y for it.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try that book thing... I think I'll have a lot of manga and stuff to take home..