PDA

View Full Version : [video]

word
March 24th, 2011, 11:23
I would sometimes like to embed video from sources other than YouTube. The [video] code doesn't seem to work here, though. Is it disabled for a reason? Is there any way to embed video from sites other than YouTube?

Gezora
March 24th, 2011, 11:48
Yeah, I would like to know too. There is lots of cool stuff on Vimeo.

mothy
March 24th, 2011, 14:17
And redtube.

Beer Baron
March 25th, 2011, 00:12
No idea. It's not disabled, it just isn't available. Maybe that's a new feature in VBulletin 4?

word
March 25th, 2011, 00:20
Hmm, not sure. I was looking up VBulletin codes trying to figure out how to embed other video sources and found [video] mentioned, but I'm not sure what version it appeared in. I'll check it out tomorrow; if it's realistically possible, I'd love to see such a feature implemented. No hurry or anything; it'd just be cool.

word
March 25th, 2011, 10:03
Yeah, you're right; it looks like the [video] tag was first implemented in version 4 somewhere.

You can embed video from other sites in version 3.x, but you have to have HTML enabled to do that, and I understand that could cause some bigger headaches. There may be a plugin for 3.x that will allow you to use other sites (like Vimeo and such) with the [youtube] tag, I think; I stumbled on a post where someone was discussing something of the sort. I'll check out that option, but just outta curiosity, is an upgrade to VBulletin 4.x within the realm of possibility?

Beer Baron
March 25th, 2011, 18:56
We would need to buy another license :( they aren't cheap.

Maybe next year if we have a bit of cash built up from itil donations, but of course the hosting fees are more important.

word
April 22nd, 2011, 23:21
Actually, that's not true in this forum, 404. HTML coding is disabled, probably for good reason.

You've made four posts on this forum as I write this. None of them are helpful in any sense of the word; in fact, I find myself debating as to whether or not you are a spammer attempting to build a post count. So, fair warning... I'm watching you. Mess with the Pink Dagger, and you're gonna get poked.

mothy
April 23rd, 2011, 14:06
Actually, that's not true in this forum, 404. HTML coding is disabled, probably for good reason.

You've made four posts on this forum as I write this. None of them are helpful in any sense of the word; in fact, I find myself debating as to whether or not you are a spammer attempting to build a post count. So, fair warning... I'm watching you. Mess with the Pink Dagger, and you're gonna get poked.

What are you waiting for? Ban him! Need more reason?

The videos can be embedded easily if there code is correct. Hope you know some html .

Banbanbanbanbanban!