PDA

View Full Version : Interac - Multiculturalization?

Ertai87
April 22nd, 2011, 13:58
Hi all! I'm new to the forum, just came over from JET (they rejected me =( ) and I applied to Interac, because I still want to do the ALT thing. Quick question: I noticed in other parts of this board, people have asked questions about the Interac short essays, and people have talked about copying-pasting info from their JET SoP into the Interac essays. However, I know JET is a lot about multiculturalization (I think that's why they rejected me; I was too focused on the teaching part and not enough on the multicultural part). Interac seemed more like a teaching position rather than JET based on what I read off their website, and I'm wondering how important the multiculturalization aspect is to Interac, as I failed to talk about that at all in my Short Essay questions. I applied to Interac for the round that starts working in August/September; the American HR guy said it should be fine. Also, you'll notice this post is a single wall of text. I tried putting line breaks but they don't seem to work...

privileged
April 26th, 2011, 23:29
When I was at Interac, talk of multiculturalization started at training, mostly as a way to let anyone who may have missed it know that they shouldn't get too hung up on being a "teacher," and that essentially walking around and saying "hi" is a big part of it too. Maybe they used the word "internationalization." Anyway I wouldn't stress too much on how much you did or didn't cover it in the essay.

I was hired from within Japan, in which case I honestly believe it is mostly a matter of showing up.