PDA

View Full Version : Is this shady or am I being paranoid?

LostInTranslation
April 29th, 2011, 04:46
Effectively, instructors take home 95% of their gross earnings.

Instructors do not have deductions taken for either social insurance (eg. the National Health Insurance plan, National Pension Plan, etc…) or labor insurance (worker’s compensation, etc…) systems.

Is this on the legal up and up for Japanese labor laws? I'll omit the company name.

Jordan
April 29th, 2011, 06:32
I'm not a Japanese legal expert but I think there is a very narrow loophole which permits certain types of foreign workers not to enter those schemes. But if I remember the articles I read about it the rule only exists notionally because no one has expressed said "No; that's definitely illegal."

Ini
April 29th, 2011, 12:47
If it's somewhere like interac they will insist you don't work more than 39.5 hours a week so you can be classed as part time staff so you don't get enrolled in all those programs.

Jojo
April 29th, 2011, 15:45
If it's somewhere like interac they will insist you don't work more than 39.5 hours a week so you can be classed as part time staff so you don't get enrolled in all those programs.
its 29.5 per week and the company is not interack as employees are now signed up for all that..

@ Lost - basically its not legal but unless someone challenges them through a union they wont get in trouble for it... your call