PDA

View Full Version : Interac fall 2011: accepted yet?

cjlowe5532
May 4th, 2011, 10:23
So the first round of interviews has passed (April 16) and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten any word back regarding their application. As it is nearing the middle of the third week, the week that notification was promised, I'm excited to hear about the outcome.

disguisedrobot
May 4th, 2011, 18:09
Not yet, it's only been 2 weeks for me. I know they're checking my references right now.

cjlowe5532
May 5th, 2011, 09:36
Just got an e-mail saying they just sent my file to Tokyo. I was hoping to find out this week but it looks like it will be another couple of weeks.

oneokbunny
May 5th, 2011, 11:46
Yeah I got that email to this last Tuesday. They said that it'll be within 3 weeks I'll hear from the Tokyo office. Though the recruiter at the interview said once Tokyo gets our files they have 7-10 days to let us know what they decided.

I hope we hear soon!! They wait is getting to me a little lol ^^;;

cjlowe5532
May 5th, 2011, 11:58
Yes this application process is taking much longer than I would have liked but I'm pretty confident that I did really well during the interview. I was on fire that day.

Did you get an e-mail last Thursday saying they were about to send your file only to find another e-mail a week later saying they just sent your file? Who is the recruiter that is handling your paper work?

oneokbunny
May 5th, 2011, 12:13
I thought Richelle who ran the SF interview would be in charge but all emails I'm getting now are from Sara. Yeah same thing here! Though I didn't get that email about all documents being in on Thursday I got it on Tuesday then a week later another email saying my file was sent. Though Richelle did say that every Tuesday they send things to Tokyo.

I can't feel confident at all because it's not Richelle or Sara making the call it's the Tokyo off and they only have the video, references and paperwork to look at. I'm sure if it was up to Sara and Richelle I'd be hired... we'll see though! ^^

cjlowe5532
May 5th, 2011, 12:21
That is strange that ours were sent on different days. I thought they would do the practical thing and send everything together. I'm sure that is what they did they just probably were late telling some folks that theirs was sent.

I'm sure they rely heavily on the recruiter's impression as well. I'b bet they at least wrote a paragraph about how you interacted with the other interviewees and the like.

february1088
May 6th, 2011, 06:04
looks like i'm in the same boat as you guys. I just got an e-mail yesterday saying that my files were sent to Tokyo. This is driving me nuts seeing as how i have to wait another 2 weeks until results come out...I really want to buy my airline ticket as soon as possible.....

I feel confident about my interview too except I might have to been a little too inflexible about some details that I had to write down.....oh well at least the recruiter had a good impression of me; that's what they told me lol

oh, btw, did you guys have to talk to your recruiter after your seminar? I vaguely remember my recruiter might have asked me to let her know after all the documents are in, but I feel like it's a little bit redundant because Sara took care of all my documents and sent them in....

cjlowe5532
May 6th, 2011, 06:18
I think she meant that she will let you know when all of the documents are in, not the other way around. I think they send the files to tokyo electronically so I would bet that we hear something next week, but of course this is just speculation.

Which seminar were you at?

What details do you speak of?

oneokbunny
May 6th, 2011, 09:49
I think it'll be a bit longer before we know when training will be. They'll want to get as many people as they can to one training time so we may have to wait a month or two before we get the first August training date.

Golden week is over now so in my mind any day now lol trying hard not think too much on it or i'll drive myself crazy ^^;;;

I hope we all get in a meet up at orientation. hmmm wonder if training will be the week of August 22nd. I hope so the 15th I have a wedding to be in ^^;;

disguisedrobot
May 6th, 2011, 18:09
I went for the June intake and I've just heard back. Pretty quick!

cjlowe5532
May 6th, 2011, 22:44
were you accepted?

jd111
May 6th, 2011, 23:28
Have my interview this morning. Think it went well!

disguisedrobot
May 7th, 2011, 00:03
Yeah, I got an email today offering me a position. Woo!

MrMagpie
May 7th, 2011, 00:12
Congratulations, disguisedrobot! ;D

oneokbunny
May 7th, 2011, 00:38
キタ━━━━(゜∀゜)━━━━!!!!
I got one too! Like within minutes after going to bed lol Great thing to wake up to! ^-^
And now all the paperwork begins! My poor printer hehe

cjlowe5532
May 7th, 2011, 00:50
Now I'm going to be refreshing my e-mail every 5 min from now on, great. It is too bad that it is so late in Japan right now. I guess I wont hear anything till the next business week begins.

Jamgirl
May 7th, 2011, 00:53
i have my seminar May 12 for June departure. Finally! I'm little worried about the demo tape presentation though. anywho disguise robot when did u go on ur seminar and how soon did u hear back. Got an email from richelle saying that expected departure date is june 1st which would basically give them may a wee to make a decision so that we can get everything ready

Jamgirl
May 7th, 2011, 00:54
Congrats on all the new recruits. Hopefully we'll meet up in June

oneokbunny
May 7th, 2011, 01:06
Jamgirl! Richelle was the Recruiter I interviewed with ^-^;
I went to the seminar April 16th and heard about 7 or 8 hours ago. so.... it was about 20 days... Though Richelle did say that those leaving in June are going to be moved to the front of the line. I am going in August (need the time till then to earn money) so there was no need to rush my packet.

Good luck!

cjlowe5532
LOL I know the feeling! Well since I only got an email saying they sent my info to the Tokyo office on tuesday I think they moved through it very fast! I'm sure you'll hear early next week (japan time so maybe Sunday here in the US!) Good luck!!

disguisedrobot
May 7th, 2011, 06:51
Thanks MrMagpie! Good luck to you!

aah oneokbunny I can see my question answered here. I don't have any paperwork to print out, just the Offer of Employment that needs to be signed and then sent to an unkown location. They haven't said what to do with it either, because my email tells me to ignore the instructions on one of the pdfs..

Jamgirl, my seminar was on the 19th April and I heard back today. Including the 4 public holidays we've had between now and then, it took just under 3 weeks. I confirmed with them on a 22nd April that I am able to leave early but they didn't get my email until 26th April (2 bank holidays). So they only took a bit over a week to get it sorted. My manager sent her reference yesterday and I got a confirmed place today. Make sure your referees fill out your references as soon as they get them!

I don't think the orientation starts till mid June. I asked them about leaving later than the 1st and they said it was fine, so I think they have a little longer to decide than you think.

february1088
May 7th, 2011, 09:46
I think she meant that she will let you know when all of the documents are in, not the other way around. I think they send the files to tokyo electronically so I would bet that we hear something next week, but of course this is just speculation.

Which seminar were you at?

What details do you speak of?

Yeah, you're probably right. I was at the NY seminar.

Congrats to you two who got in. I'm really hoping I get accepted as well, I put in a lot of effort!

BTW, they have that special summer package if you decide to leave before June 19th. Did you have to let them know that you wanted to do this before they sent your files to Tokyo if you wanted to do it? And would the chances of getting accepted most likely be higher, due to the ALT shortage? I was just curious because okbunny said that June Departures are moved in front of the line...

cjlowe5532
May 7th, 2011, 10:16
Yeah, you're probably right. I was at the NY seminar.

Congrats to you two who got in. I'm really hoping I get accepted as well, I put in a lot of effort!

BTW, they have that special summer package if you decide to leave before June 19th. Did you have to let them know that you wanted to do this before they sent your files to Tokyo if you wanted to do it? And would the chances of getting accepted most likely be higher, due to the ALT shortage? I was just curious because okbunny said that June Departures are moved in front of the line...

It's good to hear that someone else is still waiting for their verdict as well. Yours was on the 16th right? I hope they take their 3 week deadline seriously enough to continue deciding over the weekend. Knowing that other people know while you are left in the dark is not the best feeling.

february1088
May 7th, 2011, 12:02
yes mine was on the 16th. But they sent my files a bit later than everyone else because i didn't have my documents all ready until last week.

honestly, I don't think they're gonna work on it during the weekends, maybe Saturday at best, but probably not Sunday. I think we might get a reply around the 11th.

jd111
May 7th, 2011, 17:08
I think there is a better chance of being accepted if you take the June offer.
I was told I could most likely go before my exam results come out! Plus flights paid, and you don't need to bring 5000 with you for setup either since it's all looked after

And does it usually taje 3 weeks to hear back, I was told a week

Jamgirl
May 8th, 2011, 11:05
JD are u interviewin for June departure. I have my seminar on thursday for June departure date. Have u already done urs? If so how was it?

jd111
May 8th, 2011, 20:56
yes, im goin for june. my interview was ok. but there were only 2 people there, so...

the first section was about 2 hours, which was a presentation about japan and the ALT experience - i had questions about a couple of things so i asked them during this time. i think they are looking for group interaction here so just try to get involved!

then we had a break, in which we had to do paper work. after 30 mins i had to go back and do my video presentation.
first off, there was no white board, flip chart or anything! but the interview was able to get some large pages and i stuck them on the wall and used them for the directions task!
i did the 4 sections in 4 separate videos, and i was able to re-record the introduction, i spoke too fast in the fisrt take! (typical irish!)

after that i was given another half hour to finish the paper work, which was easy but took me the whole time to finish! the questionnaire was very long! i wasnt entirely sure of what a passive and active voice was in the grammar test, so maybe check up on that?

my "personal interview" lasted all of 5 minutes. i was asked one or two questions, forms checked and then told thanks very much, we will let you know in a few weeks.
I think the interviewer got a good enough idea of me during the presentation!

id say do a good few hours of preparation the day before, so that nothing takes you buy surprise in the video. and just be yourself in the group part of the day!

good luck!

EDIT: also try give an idea that you know what japan is going to be like, re: work, clothing, food, punctuality, ALTs work etc.
to let them know you know what you are getting into!

EMTQueen
May 9th, 2011, 14:58
I quite literally just got the email with an offer.

My seminar (April 16 in Washington, D.C.) began with a couple of hours going through a Powerpoint of an overview of Interac. Then we had a small coffee break, did our personal presentations, did the grammar test, and then we scheduled the personal interview (in order of who drove the longest distance; I was third mainly because my friend and her boyfriend had given me a ride). Personal interview was just basic questions about personality and all that jazz.

I really thought I had shot my chances during the presentation. I have a bit of stage fright, so my hands were shaking. I also screwed up a bit during the teaching portion and had to adjust on the fly. I guess I did something to give a favorable impression.

oneokbunny
May 9th, 2011, 15:06
Congrats! EMTQueen! Welcome to the club of those who have been hired for the Fall intake! ^^ Will you be leaving early for the June intake or joining those of us at the August intake?

I know one thing for sure though that when we are standing there in front of people or a camera doing our practiced presentation we feel a lot more nervous then we look. ^^ You obviously did a great job as you got it!

EMTQueen
May 9th, 2011, 15:09
Congrats! EMTQueen! Welcome to the club of those who have been hired for the Fall intake! ^^ Will you be leaving early for the June intake or joining those of us at the August intake?

Thanks! I'm going for the August intake b/c I need to save up money. Hopefully I can get a decent raise at my current job.

cjlowe5532
May 9th, 2011, 15:14
EMTQueen: Last week did you get the e-mail saying that they sent your file to tokyo on Tuesday or Wednesday?

EMTQueen
May 9th, 2011, 16:15
EMTQueen: Last week did you get the e-mail saying that they sent your file to tokyo on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Yeah, I did and it left me thinking that I was going to have to wait an additional three weeks to get an answer. But getting the offer today keeps in line with the original timeline of 3-4 weeks.

cjlowe5532
May 9th, 2011, 21:21
Yeah, I did and it left me thinking that I was going to have to wait an additional three weeks to get an answer. But getting the offer today keeps in line with the original timeline of 3-4 weeks.

Which one? Tuesday or Wednesday? I have still yet to hear anything back and I think I have a theory as to why. It is either because I am graduating in a week or because I was given that e-mail Wednesday.

cjlowe5532
May 9th, 2011, 21:44
Anyone think they put soon to be graduates in the back of the line? I don't know how much longer I can wait before I e-mail them. I'm going to hold out until Wednesday to do so though.

cjlowe5532
May 10th, 2011, 23:23
Finally got it. I'm in the accepted club now.

Jamgirl
May 11th, 2011, 00:03
congrats CJ. Will u be leaving for June or Aug?

cjlowe5532
May 11th, 2011, 00:31
I think in Aug. They never really gave me the option.

february1088
May 11th, 2011, 02:01
I got accepted too! I think I'll go in Aug but I wonder if it's possible to go sooner? WEEEEEEE

oneokbunny
May 11th, 2011, 02:09
Congrats cj and feb! Welcome to the club ^^

I know in the offer email It said that they have positions starting now and if I was available to leave earlier then let them know. So if you aren't in the same situation as me (wedding to attend on the 15th of August, need of the time to earn money) and you want to go early I'm sure that you can message the Tokyo office and let them know.

Once again Congrats! ^-^

Franklesque
May 11th, 2011, 04:05
Hi all,

Thought I'd drop in and let you know that I received an offer of employment last night and plan to go in June.

cjlowe5532
May 11th, 2011, 04:15
I don't know if it would be possible for me to go in June. I'm graduating this week and my university said that I wont get my diploma until late June or early July.

jd111
May 11th, 2011, 04:28
I don't know if it would be possible for me to go in June. I'm graduating this week and my university said that I wont get my diploma until late June or early July.

I was told in my interview that if you wanted to go in June they would be offering a place on a working holiday visa to people that are going to graduate after departure

then once you have graduated you can convert to an instructors visa.

cjlowe5532
May 11th, 2011, 04:31
Nice. Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and ask them about that.

oneokbunny
May 11th, 2011, 04:43
It's sad but i believe the US has no working visa. It's a shame too! But I'd say still contact them about it i'm sure it's come up before.

I have heard situations with other companies that rush people over though saying they can start working on their tourist visa and once things go through they change to their working visa. Though along with that I hear that's illegal so if anything along those lines just make sure you know what you're getting into.

Any chance of talking with the school and maybe getting it pushed quicker?

cjlowe5532
May 11th, 2011, 04:55
Any chance of talking with the school and maybe getting it pushed quicker?

Well in my experience it has never been a good idea to fight against any sort of bureaucracy. I'll probably end up just having to wait till august.

Now that I know I have a job I don't really care if I leave any earlier. My only motivation for going early would have been the placement. I love the touhoku region. I'm very much a cold/country type of person. I actually requested Sadojima in Niigata-ken or some place as isolated as that.

Minxie1418
May 12th, 2011, 01:54
I got my offer email today. :) I really wish I could hear back about another job I applied to - they're supposed to be sending out decisions around now as well.

Does anyone know if accepting the initial Interac offer is a binding contract? Like, if we need to back out later is there a fine, penalty or something?

ysc11
May 12th, 2011, 02:47

Ah, I am in the same boat as you cjlowe5532. But you said that you received a job offer already? I did my interview on May 7th and I was under the impression that we couldn't get an official offer until we submitted proof of our graduation.

cjlowe5532
May 12th, 2011, 03:35
Ah, I am in the same boat as you cjlowe5532. But you said that you received a job offer already? I did my interview on May 7th and I was under the impression that we couldn't get an official offer until we submitted proof of our graduation.

No they send your application to tokyo even without your diploma. This is what my recruiter, Sara, said as well as what has happened to me. Just expect to be last in line to be considered when they send in your app because they know it would be impossible for you to leave any earlier than August/September.

cjlowe5532
May 12th, 2011, 03:40
I got my offer email today. :) I really wish I could hear back about another job I applied to - they're supposed to be sending out decisions around now as well.

Does anyone know if accepting the initial Interac offer is a binding contract? Like, if we need to back out later is there a fine, penalty or something?

I don't think so. What I signed did not mention any punishment for declining. If you turn them down after accepting, however, just don't expect to get them to hire you back anytime soon.

MrMagpie
May 12th, 2011, 03:43
From what I remember of similar questions, there is no fine for turning down a job offer, and the only penalty for backing out of a contract after you've accepted the offer is that it doesn't exactly endear you to the company. And, naturally, the further you get into the process the more of an annoyance it would be for Interac and your BoE if you suddenly decide to turn them down.

This early in the process, though, I don't think it would be too detrimental, although you don't want to wait too long to accept either.

Minxie1418
May 12th, 2011, 04:01
Okay, thanks for the responses. It's a complicated situation for me. I'd really, really love to go with Interac, but the other job I've applied for would pay more and give me better job experience for the kind of career I want. However, it's still up in the air about whether I'll even get that opportunity. I'm so torn! :087:

For now I'll happily accept Interac's offer and just hope I get a decision about the other prospect before my visa, placement, etc are all sorted out.

ysc11
May 12th, 2011, 04:33
No they send your application to tokyo even without your diploma. This is what my recruiter, Sara, said as well as what has happened to me. Just expect to be last in line to be considered when they send in your app because they know it would be impossible for you to leave any earlier than August/September.

Oh great. Thanks for the information. I was a bit worried since transcripts or a letter stating you've graduated was on their list of required documents.

february1088
May 13th, 2011, 02:49
Hey guys. I have a question about the offer of employment e-mail. When they asked me to reply within 5 days responding whether I accept or not, is it asking me to send all the documents required within 5 days as well? Or just to reply to the e-mail saying "I accept"

I think my offer of employment is a little different because it's a conditional offer of employment since I am a future graduate

cjlowe5532
May 13th, 2011, 02:58
Hey guys. I have a question about the offer of employment e-mail. When they asked me to reply within 5 days responding whether I accept or not, is it asking me to send all the documents required within 5 days as well? Or just to reply to the e-mail saying "I accept"

I think my offer of employment is a little different because it's a conditional offer of employment since I am a future graduate

What do you mean by conditional? I just sent my signed offer along with the application for the certificate of eligibility and the checklist. Send in what you can and make sure they know when you will get your diploma.

disguisedrobot
May 14th, 2011, 06:16
I don't think it means send the documents within 5 days. I replied with a yes and still haven't sent anything off but I've had confirmed air tickets.

EMTQueen
May 15th, 2011, 04:00
You bought your airfare already? I was told to wait until I get a placement before purchasing anything.

jd111
May 15th, 2011, 04:11
You bought your airfare already? I was told to wait until I get a placement before purchasing anything.

Im pretty certain interac are paying for disguisedrobots flights, as part of the early departure deal.

disguisedrobot
May 15th, 2011, 04:40
what jd said ^

EMTQueen
May 15th, 2011, 12:01
Ah. Sweet deal.

Sirrus
May 24th, 2011, 00:19
Has Interac closed its Fall recruitment? I just applied and am waiting for a response so I'm not sure if I missed the chance to be interviewed.

宇宙人侍
June 4th, 2011, 02:58
Got my e-mail today :D. How long until we know out placement?

cjlowe5532
June 4th, 2011, 03:45
I plan on not having my hopes up until mid-July.

Minxie1418
June 4th, 2011, 06:58
I'm still waiting to hear about my placement and visa stuff. My last contact with Interac was an email saying they'd received everything they needed about 11 days ago. I hope we hear soon! :)

Sirrus
June 5th, 2011, 05:02
Just received a rejection in my email.:( One thing confused me however. In the letter, they encourage you to reapply after acquiring more experience but upon checking out their website, they give no options under my login to apply a second time. Not sure if anyone has actually applied to Interac sometime after a rejection but it is something I'm curious about if anyone was successful with it. I'm doubting I'll be trying them again though.

february1088
June 5th, 2011, 06:27
Just received a rejection in my email.:( One thing confused me however. In the letter, they encourage you to reapply after acquiring more experience but upon checking out their website, they give no options under my login to apply a second time. Not sure if anyone has actually applied to Interac sometime after a rejection but it is something I'm curious about if anyone was successful with it. I'm doubting I'll be trying them again though.

Just curious, did they invite u to seminar or phone interview? If so, what do u thunk might have caused the red flag? Sucks to hear that btw

disguisedrobot
June 6th, 2011, 02:19
That's sad news Sirrus. As for reapplying, when there're seminar lists on their website it should come up with the option to choose which one to apply to.

Sirrus
June 6th, 2011, 05:18
Just curious, did they invite u to seminar or phone interview? If so, what do u thunk might have caused the red flag? Sucks to hear that btw

I received a phone interview. Thought I did pretty well on it but probably not what they were looking for I guess now. Just got an email with a very cut & paste response to it.

When I checked it out last, I saw seminar's listed but upon highlighting one, I saw no option for applying as I did before.

lilaclavenderblue
June 7th, 2011, 22:27
I had my interview/seminar just last Saturday. It was really relaxed and informal... and honestly the interviewer spoke very positively about us getting hired. I've never experienced that before with a job situation so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Needless to say I'm checking my email daily, and waiting.

MrMagpie
June 8th, 2011, 13:09
Just received my acceptance email today. I hope it isn't too long before we hear back about our placements.

NicoFinn
June 9th, 2011, 04:14
I had my seminar in Madrid a month ago and was expecting a lot of people. There were only two of us, which was a relief for me. The boy who interviewed with me was kinda offered a job, but he needed to be in Kyoto for personal reasons, so he didn't accept. They told him to try again in March.

I, however, am here 4 weeks later and waiting for an answer. I wrote to my recruiter today because I'm about to POP from anticipation and she told me that they'll get with me this week. What's the longest you all have waited?

I've been told that a long wait is a good sign because that means they are trying to place you. What do you think?

P.S. I'm brand new here and muchos saluds a tod@s!

Cajun besos de España! :p_cake:

disguisedrobot
June 9th, 2011, 09:14
It might be worth contacting Interac about it Sirrus!

Congrats Magpie and good luck to lilac and NicoFin.

Just an update on my situation.. I had to fork out £141 ("£%!£"!!!!!!!) to get a mantoux skin test. My flight leaves on Sunday 9pm arriving Monday 9pm in Narita. I wasn't emailed any information until today but I think it's because I asked them what the hell's going on yesterday. Maybe I was left out of the mailing list.

Anyway, I'm expected to find my own way to get to the hotel which I don't have a problem with. They advised a shuttle bus but the last one departs at 9pm.. I've mailed them asking how travel costs will be reimbursed because I'm probably going to have to pay a shed load more money to get to the hotel. The previous email was sent to me at nearly 2am GMT due to time differences. Because I need answers quick I'm now thinking about staying up and waiting for a reply..

I think the worst part is that they want me to be waiting in the hotel lobby by 8:30am on Tuesday. WHAT THE HELL?!?! It's pretty ridiculous and I have a feeling I'm going to be falling asleep during orientation.

cjlowe5532
June 9th, 2011, 09:58
It might be worth contacting Interac about it Sirrus!

Congrats Magpie and good luck to lilac and NicoFin.

Just an update on my situation.. I had to fork out £141 ("£%!£"!!!!!!!) to get a mantoux skin test. My flight leaves on Sunday 9pm arriving Monday 9pm in Narita. I wasn't emailed any information until today but I think it's because I asked them what the hell's going on yesterday. Maybe I was left out of the mailing list.

Anyway, I'm expected to find my own way to get to the hotel which I don't have a problem with. They advised a shuttle bus but the last one departs at 9pm.. I've mailed them asking how travel costs will be reimbursed because I'm probably going to have to pay a shed load more money to get to the hotel. The previous email was sent to me at nearly 2am GMT due to time differences. Because I need answers quick I'm now thinking about staying up and waiting for a reply..

I think the worst part is that they want me to be waiting in the hotel lobby by 8:30am on Tuesday. WHAT THE HELL?!?! It's pretty ridiculous and I have a feeling I'm going to be falling asleep during orientation.

They say in the FAQ that they don't pay for your transportation to the hotel from the airport.

disguisedrobot
June 9th, 2011, 10:35
Ah ok, thanks for that. I couldn't remember whether the subsidisation would start as soon as you get to Japan or not. I skimmed through the FAQ and other bits from them but I didn't find it. I haven't had the chance to read through them all properly either yet because I got them so late. So busy now!

disguisedrobot
June 9th, 2011, 20:20
All sorted. Because I'm arriving so late I was worried that I'd have to fork out loads for a taxi to continue my journey to the hotel.

oneokbunny
June 10th, 2011, 10:05
Wow this year is really going by fast for me!

disguisedrobot you're already leaving this weekend!? O_O wow!~ Let us know how things go since I know i'm right behind by a few weeks. How is packing going? Excited?

@_@ I am getting so stressed out!~ I still don't have a date for training so can't get a plane ticket. I'm trying to be calm lol but yeah... My CoE forms went in on May 20 and Interac doesn't expect for it to get back to them anytime before the 21st. If all works out and that happens they want me there the first week of July... which... gives me a week to get the CoE from them and turn it around for my Visa. Also plane fare keeps going up T^T but it'll all be worth it when I take my first breath alone in my apartment in Japan and teach my first class ^^ And to top off all the stress with frosting my behind the wheels driving test is Monday O_O!

jd111
June 10th, 2011, 17:43
still no placement details disguisedrobot??

My college will be processing teh exam results today, hope to have them by the 14th (tuesday) ive been told my flight will be leaving on the 26th... which is pretty short! have to sort my working holiday visa in that time

disguisedrobot
June 10th, 2011, 21:27
Packing is ok.. I'm going to struggle to fit everything within a 30kg limit. It's such a shame I can't add extra baggage cos I'm going to have to send quite a bit over. It's the tidying that is going pretty terrible. There's still so much to do and so little time. My place looks like a squatter's den right now.

bunny, aren't they buying your ticket for you?

jd: no details yet! Definitely won't be getting this till I'm on the way to my placement no doubt. That's pretty tight, I hope you're close to the embassy!

jd111
June 10th, 2011, 21:43
Dublin being the perfectly sized city that it is, i can cycle there in less than half an hour!

wow, best of luck with your adventure! hope it all works out well and your sent to a decent place!!

30kg... i guess ill be sending some stuff by post too! Are you getting your family to send your stuff after you arrive?

NicoFinn
June 10th, 2011, 23:02
End of the week and still no word from Interac. It's been one month and 2 days. I think I'm going to go ahead with my plans to get my master's here in Spain.

In the meantime, good luck to you all and I hope Japan is absolutely wonderful, wherever you are placed!

mothy
June 10th, 2011, 23:32
In the meantime, good luck to you all and I hope Japan is absolutely wonderful, wherever you are placed!

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/12/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg

NicoFinn
June 10th, 2011, 23:37
Yeah, not so good. :|

lilaclavenderblue
June 11th, 2011, 02:12
Tomorrow will make a week since the seminar/interview. I don't quite expect to hear back this early but I am still a tad nervous. I'm not too worried about placements.. I come from a very small town so being in the sticks doesn't bother me much. If I get the job. -laughs-

jd111
June 11th, 2011, 03:11
Tomorrow will make a week since the seminar/interview. I don't quite expect to hear back this early but I am still a tad nervous. I'm not too worried about placements.. I come from a very small town so being in the sticks doesn't bother me much. If I get the job. -laughs-

i was 2-3 weeks waiting on a reply!!

disguisedrobot
June 11th, 2011, 04:13
Nico it might be worth giving them a bell!

jd: Thanks, I hope so too! Once I have an address I'll get them to post the gear to me as soon as poss.

oneokbunny
June 11th, 2011, 09:40
disguisedrobot: No they aren't paying for my plane ticket. My signing package is just a bit different. I'm getting the move in help as well as the extra money on my first paycheck but that's it. Though the loan is still an option for me though.

Good luck with the packing! trying to focus myself to get started on that as well ^^

NicoFinn
June 11th, 2011, 13:05
Nico it might be worth giving them a bell!

They've checked my references and called the school I currently work at, which gave me a glowing review, and they have all of my paperwork. I sent my recruiter an e-mail on Wednesday and she said they were swamped and that she'd try to talk to the central office. Maybe next week!

Eliza Danger
June 11th, 2011, 21:17
Heya, posted this on another forum as well, but it's good to see that a good few are heading out soon as well. I had my seminar on May 30th, heard from Tokyo on Thursday, and got my flights from Oxford yesterday. I fly out June 19th on the early package thing as well, to start orientation on the 21st, (my birthday, hehe).
@oneokbunny: So your flights weren't paid for, but you're still eligible for the loan? Anyone else know what the story with the loan is for people on the early package with flights paid? Waiting on response from them about that.

Hope to see some of you in Tokyo next week :)

oneokbunny
June 12th, 2011, 23:55
@Eliza: Yeah it's not. I think the flights being paid for are for those coming over on the working holiday visa which the US does not have sadly. I had plans change so money wise going early helped out with everything so I needed to make sure i could still get the loan. It has to be paid back over 6 months though. When you hear back from them and if they say you can get the loan make sure you print that out and have it with you. As I hear it Interac is a good company but they can be a little forgetful sometimes ^^

jd111
June 13th, 2011, 20:41
Passed all my exams!! YATA!
just need to get a lett from college now, and im good to go!

McKeeverFever
June 26th, 2011, 04:12
Woo hoo I got accepted however im not sure if I want to go in Sep or March :P

iknowmyabc
June 27th, 2011, 01:11
Anyone had their Japanese level check yet?

I put my level as intermediate but it has been such a long time since I used Japanese on a daily basis so I'm a little worried over it. Didn't take up the early package offer so I'm scheduled for the fall intake as I would like to know beforehand where I'm heading and have some say as to where I'll be placed.

oneokbunny
June 27th, 2011, 01:21
iknow: I leave in 10 days and still haven't had my check. I did receive an email telling me who the staff were so I know who does the level check. I found though with the never ending recruiting that they can be... forgetful ^^ I email them asking what's going on with my CoE and I got a few emails about the company and the next stage.

I'm sure if you emailed them about it you'll most likely get a date for the check. ^^

iknowmyabc
June 27th, 2011, 03:14
From what was written in the email I received from them the level check seemed to be a minor thing which just helps Interac to decide placement.
Hmm I'm kind of hoping they forget the check lol. I'm worried that I'll fail even to string up the simplest of sentences!!! I'm so rusty! (>.<)

But yeh, probably best to email them and see whats happening as I havent had contact from them for a while now.

10 days?! Good luck with everything! :)

cjlowe5532
June 27th, 2011, 07:32
Yeah I got that email the week before last as well but I'm not expecting anything concerning anything for a while yet. As for the Japanese check, try not to think about it. I've had many like it and the key is just to be confident. I'm usually pretty fluent but if I start to worry about my ability while specking I don't stand a chance.