PDA

View Full Version : Pension Refund Jerk-baggery

ten_of_spades
May 14th, 2011, 14:44
Long story short: I started with Group B in August 2008 and left in August 2010. My pension refund came in the mail recently, but rather than being credited for 24 months, it only gave me 23 (which was then rounded down to 18).

Anyways, the amount paid is about 15man less than I was expecting since I only got 18 month's worth instead of 24, which is a lot of men to lose out on with another year of law school tuition looming.

I spoke to my kyoto-sensei about it, and she says the official word is that my pension deductions didn't start until September 2008, not August, which equals 4 months for 2008, 12 for '09 and 7 for 2010, for a total of 23 months.

What's weird though is that I personally know 3 other ALTs who started and left at the same time I did, but they were each credited 24 months.

Anyone heard of something similar happening / possible solutions?

mteacher80
May 14th, 2011, 21:15
The best thing to do is count how many times you were paid. If you were paid 24 times then you paid into the pension the same amour of times.

ten_of_spades
May 14th, 2011, 23:54
I definitely got 24 paycheques, but apparently no deduction was made on the first one. I honestly don't remember, so I'll have to find my tax form or paystubs to confirm. I'm not sure why they wouldn't make that deduction though.