PDA

View Full Version : Interac Intro

McKeeverFever
May 30th, 2011, 13:46
Hey guys,

I have my interac interview tomorrow and im having trouble with the Japanese part can anyone help. I want to say, I am 22 years old, I live in Dublin, Ireland, I have recently finished a degree in finance, my hobbies are jogging, reading, traveling and politics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

Hikari
May 30th, 2011, 13:52
If you don't speak any Japanese, I wouldn't tell them that you do. If they ask you to speak some, do a very basic introduction but def don't exaggerate or lie about your ability. It's not a requirement for the job.

Merkypie
May 30th, 2011, 13:58
If you can't even say " Hi my name is _____ " in Japanese, then don't even try to fake it like you can in the interview. You'll hurt yourself more lying than being truthful.

Plus everything Hikari said.

uthinkimlost?
May 30th, 2011, 14:50
"私はdumbassです."

You're welcome.

EMTQueen
May 30th, 2011, 17:15
The introduction in Japanese is a requirement, but you really don't have to go into your degree credentials unless you have higher proficiency in Japanese. I have a rudimentary knowledge in the language, so I didn't do more than "初めまして。私はEMTQueenです。ワシントンDC出身です。どうぞよろしく," and anything else I wanted to mention was in English. Best to keep it as simple as possible while fulfilling the language requirement.

jd111
May 30th, 2011, 20:04
If you dont know anything about japanese, then ill translate what they said to romaji!

Watashi wa (your name) desu. (my name is ...)
watashi wa airurando jin desu ( i am irish)
watashi wa nijuu ni sai desu (i am 22 years old)

to say something is somthing in japanaes you can use X wa Y desu
in this case, X is watashi (I or me)
and Y is one of
(your name)
Airurando Jin (ireland people) together makes irish person
Nijuu (twenty) ni (two) sai (age/years)
desu means to be

If you want to make it sound well, i would say

Hajimemashite. Watashi wa (your name) desu. Airurando jin desu, Nijuu ni sai desu. yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Or do exactly what it says in this video!
YouTube - ‪Learn Japanese - Learn to Introduce Yourself in Japanese!‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiEcPEZS2U)