uthinkimlost?
June 9th, 2011, 03:45
Where the Hell did you go?

Tyr
June 9th, 2011, 03:46
Eaten by a grue.

Skitten
June 9th, 2011, 03:49
Haha this is so weird, I actually just decided to check this site for the first time in months. Hi guys!

Decided not to apply to JET, applied to law school instead to make my parents happy. Now I am taking a year off and deciding what I want to do, maybe applying in 2012? I just have this 4 year relationship standing in the way.....

uthinkimlost?
June 9th, 2011, 03:55
Slacking on your thread-managing duties then? For shame. They put some dude named Nobleheart in charge, then he slacked so this guy Kettch took care of things even though he didn't make it in!

For shame!

Skitten
June 9th, 2011, 03:57
I know I know :(

It just got depressing seeing all the applicants being accepted while I am looking at yet another year in good old Wisconsin. Ugh. I'm still mad at myself for not applying...

uthinkimlost?
June 9th, 2011, 03:58
There's always this year.

Skitten
June 9th, 2011, 03:59
True, maybe I will make The Official 2012 Applicants Thread and redeem myself.

Skitten
June 9th, 2011, 05:35
Also, just out of curiosity does anyone know when the 2011 application went live? Just wondering for a rough timeline for 2012....not that I will have anything else to do now that I'm graduated and unemployed....

Tyr
June 9th, 2011, 05:36
We were pretty late this year I'm sure (yeah, even before the tsunami...), a week or two into November maybe.

judyrudy
June 9th, 2011, 06:08
Also, just out of curiosity does anyone know when the 2011 application went live? Just wondering for a rough timeline for 2012....not that I will have anything else to do now that I'm graduated and unemployed....

I don't know why I remember this but the application went online on Oct 25th and it was due by Nov 18. They put up instructions for the SOP and rec letters in early Oct

MCAS
June 9th, 2011, 06:14
Haha this is so weird, I actually just decided to check this site for the first time in months. Hi guys!

Decided not to apply to JET, applied to law school instead to make my parents happy. Now I am taking a year off and deciding what I want to do, maybe applying in 2012? I just have this 4 year relationship standing in the way.....

Do it! If you just go for a year, your relationship will be fine. Not to be rude, but If they can't wait a year for you then (most likely) it wasn't meant to be.

We were pretty late this year I'm sure (yeah, even before the tsunami...), a week or two into November maybe.

Yeah, we are the year of delays. They were a couple weeks behind on releasing the interview notifications for us as well. (Also before the Tsunami.)

Gezora
June 9th, 2011, 12:36
Have you ever conducted a long distance relationship with a 13 hour time difference? I'm sure it is totally easy and would not get old after even a year.

Page
June 9th, 2011, 15:25
Going to JET on a 4 year relationship was the best decision I ever made guys. LOL

Hikari
June 9th, 2011, 16:33
Going to JET on a 4 year relationship was the best decision I ever made guys. LOL

LDRs suuuuuuuuuuck

Skitten
June 9th, 2011, 18:16
LDRs suuuuuuuuuuck

I've never been in one but I can imagine.

MCAS
June 9th, 2011, 19:17
Have you ever conducted a long distance relationship with a 13 hour time difference? I'm sure it is totally easy and would not get old after even a year.

No, but I know a few people who have. They've made it work.

word
June 9th, 2011, 19:32
Yeah, MG and I are one such couple, but Gez is talkin' true; it fucking sucks ass, is an incredible pain, makes you and your partner miserable, and will probably cause weird problems when you do finally get back together. If you've thought about it and think you can do it, you're wrong and your relationship will end horribly. If you never even questioned whether or not it would work out, but just knew from the beginning that both of you were gonna do whatever ya had to do to get through it, then it might work. The odds are against you, though.

MCAS
June 9th, 2011, 23:29
Yeah, MG and I are one such couple, but Gez is talkin' true; it fucking sucks ass, is an incredible pain, makes you and your partner miserable, and will probably cause weird problems when you do finally get back together. If you've thought about it and think you can do it, you're wrong and your relationship will end horribly. If you never even questioned whether or not it would work out, but just knew from the beginning that both of you were gonna do whatever ya had to do to get through it, then it might work. The odds are against you, though.

Fair enough, you have a much better perspective on it then I do.