PDA

View Full Version : Placement Release Expected Date Part 2 [POLL]

ScienceDivison
June 13th, 2011, 23:20
Well since the last poll was a complete wash, lets try this again.

Hopefully there wont be a need to create a Part 3.

I am going to go with June 17th.

greengoo
June 13th, 2011, 23:54
Please stop its killing me. Now I'm going to get an email with "Placement Release Info" as the subject every five minutes but it won't be what I want. Bleh!

...June 15th

Tyr
June 14th, 2011, 00:09
YES! I HAVE M.....penis enlargement advert.

I have heard 15th again and again though Wednesday seems a odd day for it...nonetheless its as good a guess as any.

lilyanphino
June 14th, 2011, 00:46
I'm gonna do a write in vote for Tokyo Orientation. If it's earlier then that, I'll be happy.

MCAS
June 14th, 2011, 02:40
Chicken Pot Pie....it's as good a guess as any at this point.

Muffles
June 14th, 2011, 02:41
June 20th, but I really hope it comes before that.

Strange_quark
June 14th, 2011, 03:04
June 16th. Midway between optimism and pessimism for me.

Theory
June 14th, 2011, 03:12
I feel really bad for all the Brits who not only have to endure the horrible delay this year, but then also have to wait for the post office while everyone else rejoices the day the results get released.

kawaiijutsu
June 14th, 2011, 04:09
I've heard 15th...but then again, I've heard virtually every single date clear up till today. So I'm hedging my bets on end of the week this week.
A fellow Houston JET heard from her predecessor yesterday via Facebook...pred said they would have contacted a while back, but had to wait on the okay from their supervisor. Since they gave the okay, it sounds like things might be getting more official.

Muffles
June 14th, 2011, 04:40
Where is she placed?

kawaiijutsu
June 14th, 2011, 06:27
Where is she placed?
She got Wakayama prefecture, which was her first choice.

Cytrix
June 14th, 2011, 06:33
I've also said the 16th. I've heard the 15th thrown around recently in regards to the date we'll know...but I'm going with quark...one date shy of optimism, one shy of pessimism. I'd be nice to know before my Q&A on Saturday, but we'll see what happens.

I'm no longer obsessing over placement as much. I think it's the realisation that I have about 4 1/2 weeks left at my school, and SO MUCH TO DO, that is making my chillax more on the 'omg where am I going to live' side.

okinomiyaki
June 14th, 2011, 06:51
July 30th

patjs
June 14th, 2011, 07:28
I don't know if they have told you guys this, but apparently they have to wait for the ministry of foreign affairs to draft some sort of letter explaining that Japan is safe and not to worry about radiation. then they will release the info.

mothy
June 14th, 2011, 07:31
Oh, well as long as the Japanese government is telling you all it's safe, you have nothing to worry about, no matter where you are placed. That must be a relief.

Strange_quark
June 14th, 2011, 07:36
The only letter of safety I want is one guaranteeing me that I won't be eaten alive by a king mukade.

Or eaten dead.

I just don't want to be dinner :(

Tyr
June 14th, 2011, 07:42
I don't know if they have told you guys this, but apparently they have to wait for the ministry of foreign affairs to draft some sort of letter explaining that Japan is safe and not to worry about radiation. then they will release the info.
Where'd you hear that?
Really lame if that is the thing holding us up...

lilyanphino
June 14th, 2011, 07:45
Why do they need to write a letter saying Japan is safe? Come on, if we've accepted our status as shortlisters/alternates, we are aware of what's going on and still plan to go. We don't need a pointless and time wasting letter.

salts
June 14th, 2011, 08:49
Why do they need to write a letter saying Japan is safe? Come on, if we've accepted our status as shortlisters/alternates, we are aware of what's going on and still plan to go.
I need mine. I'm going to fold mine in half and wear it as a face mask for super safety.

We don't need a pointless and time wasting letter.Think of it as a sneak preview of all the bureaucracy fun to come?

ETA: Forgot to mention, patjs, thank you very much for posting that! Most consulates have posted out little to no information about the nature of the delay, other than to say it's linked to recent events, and that notifications are coming in "any day now" for the past few weeks. I, and I'm very sure many other applicants in limbo, appreciate any info that leaks through.

atheistwithfaith
June 14th, 2011, 09:05
September 20th.

shoegazer
June 14th, 2011, 09:27

I totally knew it... assuming this is in fact the case. It doesn't surprise me that they'd have to draft some kind of additional notice with information about radiation that any serious participant should have known already for the past two months. However, in the particular cases of those people being placed nearest to the exclusion zone, that would make sense, I can definitely see the value in providing certain information on local precautions that might not so widely established.

By that measure, I can see why they'd hold back everyone's info if the alternative is to hold back placement info only for people near the exclusion zone while everyone else gets their info, resulting in what would *appear* to be an unfortunate situation for the rest once those last placements are released, I mean can you imagine the caps-lock-happy freak out fest over on official if all of those who heard back later than everyone else all got letters of precaution but no one else did?? I shudder to think.

Tyr
June 14th, 2011, 10:17
Is that- this letter is why we've been delayed or this letter has just popped up and means we've got another week or two on top of the other delays?

Scissors
June 14th, 2011, 10:30
June 17th, but I'm hoping for before that. I'm really not pulling out hairs to know where I'm going (somewhere colder would be nice), it's just I right now mostly care what grades I'm teaching, and what sort of clothing I should pack... or buy. Since all I own is jeans with holes and my suit. lol

For what it's worth, someone in the Chicago Yahoo group said they got their placement via snail mail on Friday the 10th. Contract and everything. They weren't contacted online at all, not even by their pred. Hopefully this means it's coming soon for the rest of us too.

Chicago had our Q&A (and Team Teaching Workshop) this past weekend. Every presenter that went up asked if we'd gotten our placement info. Our poor coordinator. lol

usernamefail
June 14th, 2011, 10:36
Come on, if we've accepted our status as shortlisters/alternates, we are aware of what's going on and still plan to go. We don't need a pointless and time wasting letter.

Welcome to Japanese style bureaucracy! :D

jamesp
June 14th, 2011, 12:08
September 20th.

Are you with faith or not? I vote by next Friday.

Cytrix
June 14th, 2011, 12:13
2 more hours left of business hours here in NZ on the 14th. It'll be a miracle if it comes out within that time!

patjs
June 14th, 2011, 17:05
Where'd you hear that?
Really lame if that is the thing holding us up...

My supervisor who has been told they can't send the contract and welcome letter until this radiation letter has been finished. I think this has been what is holding things up. I imagine there are tons of big wigs in endless meetings talking about how to handle what they perceive to be a lot of people declining or having serious worries about safety.

Anyway we can't send out the welcome package until they get the OK, apparently.

rosec20
June 14th, 2011, 17:31
At Tokyo Orientation.

Strange_quark
June 14th, 2011, 18:23
I can write the letter for them to speed the process up:

Don't worry, the media has overblown the danger, don't be a silly prat, deal with it.

MCAS
June 14th, 2011, 19:27
I can write the letter for them to speed the process up:

Don't worry, the media has overblown the danger, don't be a fuck knuckle, deal with it.

Fixed.

TakoBakko
June 14th, 2011, 21:55
Surely they haven't just decided to draft a letter now. >_> Surely, even the Japanese, wouldn't leave it to the moment placement info is due to be sent out, after it being delayed a couple of weeks, to decide to write a letter.

I suppose its a good idea though. I predict official placement info is gonna start to trickle out between now and next week. At first from impatient BOEs and then from the cavalcade of outcries coming from newbie JETs like myself who see more and more people have their info.

koolaid
June 23rd, 2011, 13:11
Surely they haven't just decided to draft a letter now. >_> Surely, even the Japanese, wouldn't leave it to the moment placement info is due to be sent out, after it being delayed a couple of weeks, to decide to write a letter.

Welcome to the bureaucracy. The final draft of that letter is going to have an epic amount of inkan stamps on it.

TakoBakko
June 29th, 2011, 00:17
Suckit nerds. I was right.