PDA

View Full Version : Using Kuroneko

Miss_igirisu
June 13th, 2011, 23:21
So, I was planning to send my winter stuff, boxes of stuff and also my big suitcase directly to Germany by Kuroneko Yamato. But, on their website they say that they are unable to send unaccompanied travel items and also they are unable to send things for people moving.

1. If that's true then how come it was introduced to us with a special rate for JETs when we came here, to use it for that exact purpose?

2. Do you think it matters? Do you know of anyone/have you ever used it for those purposes except on the special JET rate?

Tarquin
June 14th, 2011, 09:23
ŠCŠOˆψ‰z‚΅‚ΝƒNƒƒlƒRƒ„ƒ}ƒg (http://www.y-logi.com/service/kaigai/index.html)

??

Miss_igirisu
June 14th, 2011, 10:05
How weird, when I was looking into it when I clicked international sending it took me to the english page, which said that they can't send moving things abroad.

Thanks Tarquinius, saved the day again. I might be bugging you about advice for breaking my iPhone soon. It's on my to do list.

AnruiUkimi
June 14th, 2011, 10:24
There are also other services, depending on how much you are sending. As I'm sending over 1 cubic meter worth of stuff back, I'm going with a service like MovingJapan.com - International Moving and Shipping Company | Moving from Japan | Moving to Japan | Professional Packing | Door to Door and Door to Port | Economical (http://movingjapan.com/) , but there are other ones too. Just something to think about if you want to price match. :)

Edit: and suddenly my little link got all long. Oh well.

Miss_igirisu
June 14th, 2011, 11:24
Haha thanks for the link. I'm sending maybe two big boxes of clothes and shoes and a medium of books. I'm going to have to get cracking on this soon though I think. I'll phone round tonight.

bingowing
June 14th, 2011, 14:33
How weird, when I was looking into it when I clicked international sending it took me to the english page, which said that they can't send moving things abroad.

Thanks Tarquinius, saved the day again. I might be bugging you about advice for breaking my iPhone soon. It's on my to do list.

Just throw it out a fucking window. Problem solved.

Lego
June 14th, 2011, 15:08
Never use the English version of a Japanese website if you want access to all the services available.

AnruiUkimi
June 14th, 2011, 15:23
Haha thanks for the link. I'm sending maybe two big boxes of clothes and shoes and a medium of books. I'm going to have to get cracking on this soon though I think. I'll phone round tonight.

This is my pile so far: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252589_10150278651400435_576945434_9547152_825711_n.jpg

And I'm probably only a bit over half done. ::facepalm:: Good luck!

Miss_igirisu
June 14th, 2011, 15:44
Never use the English version of a Japanese website if you want access to all the services available.

Haha it was my school boy error!

Lego
June 14th, 2011, 16:49
Also what is the "JET discount". If it's not a massive discount I'm probably just better off packing a third suitcase.

Tarquin
June 14th, 2011, 17:29

Rookie mistake.
Never do something in English when you can do it in Japanese, becuase odds are the English is wrong, out of date, or lying so they don’t have to deal with Gary Gaijin.
I expected better from you.

Tarquin
June 14th, 2011, 17:31
This is my pile so far: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252589_10150278651400435_576945434_9547152_825711_n.jpg

And I'm probably only a bit over half done. ::facepalm:: Good luck!

Jesus CHRIST.

AnruiUkimi
June 14th, 2011, 21:26
Jesus CHRIST.

Yeah, and I'm being pretty harsh with tossing things, too. I've pretty much spent the last 3 years buying collectibles and shit, and they take a lot of room. ^^;

If I can't get an answer out of my successor/haven't heard from them by July 15, my TV is also going back with me. Adding in a few things not in the picture and estimating the TV, I'm coming in right at around 1m3 right now. Even at 1.5m3, it's still under 10man, and mailing all this shit separately would cost twice that eeeeasily. A Japanese friend of mine pointed out that she spent more than that just moving from Tokyo back to my area, and she didn't have much more stuff, so I think it's a good price. :)

Miss_igirisu
June 14th, 2011, 21:57
Also what is the "JET discount". If it's not a massive discount I'm probably just better off packing a third suitcase.

I think it's only for Brits going into Japan on JET since we are only allowed one suitcase up to 20kg where you guys get double.

I expected better from you.

Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir.

ten_of_spades
June 14th, 2011, 22:16
Even ALTs from countries with sane luggage limits get the JET discount. It's just 5% though.

bingowing
June 23rd, 2011, 13:54
How will you ship your cat home?

Miss_igirisu
June 23rd, 2011, 17:41
I've already had her stuffed and she's wrapped in bubble wrap. The post office van is coming any minute to ship her for me.

bingowing
June 24th, 2011, 11:22
Sounds good.