PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you letters?

xenoglossy
July 6th, 2011, 10:06
I'm a returning JET, and in the leaver's packet that I was sent by my PA, it said that you should write thank-you letters to your BOE and your principal. I am, however, not really sure how to go about doing that.

I technically speak Japanese pretty well, but my grasp on the pragmatics is shaky; I have no idea what such a letter ought to say, and I don't want to accidentally offend anyone by saying the wrong thing. I've Googled around, but I can't find information on this at all. So, has anyone here written such a letter? What did you say? Is there some kind of template to follow? I'd really appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Thanks!

Miss_igirisu
July 6th, 2011, 15:36
The thought of writing letters had never crossed my mind. I was thinking of maybe sending some nice foreign candy or something once i get home though.

patjs
July 6th, 2011, 20:52
The "After JET" handbook says the same thing. I dunno, I might skip my principal and maybe just send personal letters or emails to the teachers im actually close to.

Alphabet
July 6th, 2011, 22:13
The "After JET" handbook says the same thing. I dunno, I might skip my principal and maybe just send personal letters or emails to the teachers im actually close to.

Yeah, this is my plan of action.

charmed_23
July 14th, 2011, 19:56
I wrote a letter to each of my principals in Japanese, the content was basically the same for all of them. Then I wrote letters in English to my JTEs. I got the kokugo teacher to help me with some of the difficult sentences in Japanese.